Pinarello Dogma F12 vs. Lapierre Aircode SL700 Ultimate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Frame set is Osium (white) and the rest of the equipment is recycled parts i had: wheels are currently Mavic Ksyrium SL's, group set is mainly Ultegra Di2. I fitted a long cage with 34 rear cassette:ohmy: just to see what it's like, also the front chainring is 50 rather than my standard 52, i'm actually quite liking it. New Fizik saddle arrives today so will get you some pics (needs a wash after getting caught in a storm last night).

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Frame set is Osium (white) and the rest of the equipment is recycled parts i had: wheels are currently Mavic Ksyrium SL's, group set is mainly Ultegra Di2. I fitted a long cage with 34 rear cassette:ohmy: just to see what it's like, also the front chainring is 50 rather than my standard 52, i'm actually quite liking it. New Fizik saddle arrives today so will get you some pics (needs a wash after getting caught in a storm last night).
White F12 must look incredible - look forward to seeing it …. your last post made me realise that the saddle was the only item I didn’t cover with the supplier … I have absolutely no idea what will be fitted.

White F12 must look incredible - look forward to seeing it …. your last post made me realise that the saddle was the only item I didn’t cover with the supplier … I have absolutely no idea what will be fitted.

quick one from a quick clean😁

Swapping the wheels to the 56mm later for some flatter rides this weekend👍🏻

Looks lush @Colin Grigson! I like the minimalist mount for the Garmin. Assume this will be a day bike only unless there is some way to attach a front light?

Please look after your carbon rims, they look expensive and I would hate to see one of them get damaged and be unrepairable/a carbon repairer unwilling to repair! It’s for that reason alone I’ll still to alloy.

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Looks lush @Colin Grigson! I like the minimalist mount for the Garmin. Assume this will be a day bike only unless there is some way to attach a front light?

Please look after your carbon rims, they look expensive and I would hate to see one of them get damaged and be unrepairable/a carbon repairer unwilling to repair! It’s for that reason alone I’ll still to alloy.
Thank you bikingdad … yes - day bike only and fair weather bike only, I’ll be as careful as I can with the rims … I can’t afford another pair :okay:

Looks fantastic Colin and a nice colour choice, BoB always works and stays the test of time.

You seem to have an original Most Talon Ultra computer mount so if you want you can add a GoPro or light underneath, don't think the extra bit comes with the Most kit but i've seen them around some where.

The grub screws that secure the seat post and also the handle bars (2 on each) seem prone to rust, had it on 2 of mine so i now just fill them with some grease to stop it happening.

Now go and ride the beauty:bicycle:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Looks fantastic Colin and a nice colour choice, BoB always works and stays the test of time.

You seem to have an original Most Talon Ultra computer mount so if you want you can add a GoPro or light underneath, don't think the extra bit comes with the Most kit but i've seen them around some where.

The grub screws that secure the seat post and also the handle bars (2 on each) seem prone to rust, had it on 2 of mine so i now just fill them with some grease to stop it happening.

Now go and ride the beauty:bicycle:
Thank you Mr. Ridgeway - you spotted the iTalon Ultra, I don’t use front lights or GoPro yet but you never know !.
I’ll take your advice and grease the parts you’ve highlighted … can’t be having a rusty looking F12 :ohmy:
I went for a quick 12km ‘shakedown’ ride this morning and you’re dead right … fast it is, and surprisingly comfortable too - so far it’s turning into the love story I’d imagined :wub:

Top Bottom