Pinarello Dogma F12 vs. Lapierre Aircode SL700 Ultimate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I bet most on here would want a pinnerello regardless of small performance increases at a high cost
Those of us in denial will look for excuses not to own one

I don't want one, and I can easily afford one if I did want it. I wouldn't turn my nose up at an old school lugged steel one, but you can keep all your carbon fibre jelly mould road bikes. I just don't like them, no matter how light they are or how fast they are.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I would agree that a mere 1% improvement is not worth £5K of anyone’s money ..... but 1/60 x 100 = 1.66’% so nearly 2% … where do I sign :okay:

It's not 1.66%, try doing your maths again. It stated a 1 minute gain over 60 km @ a speed of 40 km/h. That means a gain of 1 minute in 1 1/2 hours or 90 minutes. 1/90 is a speed increase of 1.1%. Using accepted rounding conventions, that is 1%. :tongue:

Lookrider

I'm glad you bought it
"They say a fool and his money is easily parted "
Maybe someone with money for a pinnerello has never been a fool
Nor be he a fool for wanting one

It's a bit low to suggest that you are
( by other posts)
Happy riding

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Bet you'll be ticking off the days until March:laugh:

What colour scheme did you got for ?
Ticking the days off and training hard ...
I selected the most sombre from the range - black on black ... there’s a new b.o.b for 2021 that looks perfect ....

Milzy

Guru
If he were really foolish I doubt he would be able to afford a super bike in the first place. Can you don’t be happy for him rather than sniping from the sidelines, it really is not a good look.
There’s millions of wealthy muppets on this planet so don’t come with that one. Also you don’t need to be clever to work hard. I might have known you’d bite first. I’m quite looking forward to seeing the build in actual fact. ^_^

DRM

Guru
Ticking the days off and training hard ...
I selected the most sombre from the range - black on black ... there’s a new b.o.b for 2021 that looks perfect .... View attachment 566346
That's nice, I think you'll be glad you got it, after all there's no pockets in shrouds & you can't take your money with you, bet you can't wait for march to come round!

That definitely looks "Super Nice"

It looks so light that it's even floating 😄

If you're a stickler for details the it's worth getting 2 Most carbon cages if that's your thing, they may come as standard ?

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

That definitely looks "Super Nice"

It looks so light that it's even floating 😄

If you're a stickler for details the it's worth getting 2 Most carbon cages if that's your thing, they may come as standard ?
Thank you Ridgeway .... it comes standard with two cages and bidons - I asked the dealer for images but I’ve not received anything to date so I have no idea how they look .... I’ll know in March :okay:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

I was hoping to take delivery of my F12 this month. Pinarello confirmed yesterday that delivery will be delayed until mid to end of April, due to ‘supply chain issues relating to the worldwide Covid pandemic’. Disappointed obviously, but not too surprised. I’m just hoping that the timeframe quoted is the latest possible and it’s not pushed back further. 5 months (possibly more) delivery on a non-custom build is pretty poor - a buyer ordering now would be lucky to get a ride in before winter :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Did that heap of Italian carbon turn up yet:tongue:
Funny you should ask ….. I’m still waiting and it’s over 7 months now, however, the distributor phoned on Monday to tell me the frameset is due in at the end of this week - finally. Unfortunately though, the saga doesn’t end there, since he’s still short of ‘a couple’ of components to complete the build :rolleyes:.
The distributor has been less than helpful throughout, and despite repeated calls and e-mails to Pinarello Italy - information has been scant.
Overall, not exactly thrilled with Pinarello so far - I hope the bike performs better than their customer service teams centrally and locally. I had expected (reasonably I thought) better from such a prestigious brand.
As soon as I take delivery I’ll put up a couple of pics … even though the F12 is an old model now with the recent launch of the ‘F’ :rolleyes:
Hope you’re still enjoying yours :okay:

Top Bottom