Pinarello Dogma F12 vs. Lapierre Aircode SL700 Ultimate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I’ve watched a few videos about F12’s on YouTube. Sometimes there’s floors in the carbon. I’d rather have a Planet X carbon & save £5,000 whilst not loosing any time on a 100 mile ride. The F12 imitations from China have come along way now. I wouldn’t risk it incase the fork snaps at 40-50 mph mind.
Each to their own, however, there is no evidence that the Planet X would ‘not loose any time on a 100 mile ride‘ to a F12. Just the improved aero-dynamics of the F12 (no external cabling for example) over the Planet X would cost the Planet X something .... over a few miles maybe not too noticeable, but 100 miles is some distance - 4 hours plus in the saddle. Pinarello claim the F12 is 1 minute quicker every 60km at 40km/h than the F10 - purely due to aerodynamic improvements ... and the F10 is no slouch :okay:

Milzy

Guru
Each to their own, however, there is no evidence that the Planet X would ‘not loose any time on a 100 mile ride‘ to a F12. Just the improved aero-dynamics of the F12 (no external cabling for example) over the Planet X would cost the Planet X something .... over a few miles maybe not too noticeable, but 100 miles is some distance - 4 hours plus in the saddle. Pinarello claim the F12 is 1 minute quicker every 60km at 40km/h than the F10 - purely due to aerodynamic improvements ... and the F10 is no slouch :okay:
There’s loads of frames much cheaper than an F12 which won’t lose many seconds to it. For example the new chinarello F12 is a perfect copy & only £500.

Lookrider

Buy the best you can afford ...why not
I bet most on here would want a pinnerello regardless of small performance increases at a high cost
Those of us in denial will look for excuses not to own one
I hope the OP bought the F12 and smiles at everyone all day long and ignores the nay sayers who have giving him very little accurate input

As for the chinerello...that will likely end up snapped and in the bin
Its owner in hospital and out if work whilst he recovers ....some saving that ..great business plan there

Milzy

Guru
I would agree that a mere 1% improvement is not worth £5K of anyone’s money ..... but 1/60 x 100 = 1.66’% so nearly 2% … where do I sign :okay:
The thing is if you worked hard doing 5x5 mins VO2 max intervals for 8 weeks or just upped your mileage you’d gain around 10 watts on your threshold power which would smash a silly F12 aero gain on a long ride. I’m all for paying high prices for a quality product but there’s enough YouTube videos out there that show some cheaper frames come out on top.
They say a fool & his money are easily parted.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It may not help but it comes down to which one you want rather than what we all think. Whichever one you get you may always wish you'd got the other one, that's the trouble with having such a similar choice of bike!

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
It may not help but it comes down to which one you want rather than what we all think. Whichever one you get you may always wish you'd got the other one, that's the trouble with having such a similar choice of bike!
Thank you Archie_tect. I paid the deposit before Christmas on a custom build F12, with dura-ace Di2, discs and Fulcrum Speed wheelset. I hope it’s the right choice, but whatever, it’s too late now :whistle:

Top Bottom