Pinarello gan disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyM

Über Member
I am looking for a disc road bike for next summer and am leaning towards this bike, unless you fine folk can suggest something else?

Must be disc and road based up to around £2k and not mail order as I want to be able to see it for real before parting with that kind of cash.

If anyone can point me in the direction of anything they consider equal or better.

Thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
DaveyM

DaveyM

Über Member
Thanks. I have read most of these types of articles. I am always sceptical of these web/magazine articles much rather hear from real people I guess.

Thanks anyway. The pinarello is currently reduced to well under £2k
The giant was a close contender though

OP
OP
DaveyM

DaveyM

Über Member
Would consider any frame type if they are disc and mainly going to be a quicker road bike.

I have an alloy/carbon fork giant defy. A full alloy specialized for the winter.

OP
OP
DaveyM

DaveyM

Über Member
@Biff600 what do you think of the Gan disc.

vickster

Legendary Member
It seems very expensive for a bike with Tiagra and mechanical? Disk brakes. Paying a bit of a premium for a name (if you want that name badly) is one thing but that seems pretty excessive

You might need to take a trip to London if you can't find a local dealer to price match, but this looks a very good reduction on a premium name

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Cervelo/C3-105-Disc-Road-Bike-2017/FWDF

Or an Ultegra Tarmac

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specialized/Tarmac-Comp-Disc-Road-Bike-2017/E993

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaveyM

DaveyM

Über Member
I thought (had alway heard) you go for the best frameset possible. Then everything else will be replaced at some point?

Not so interested in a name on a bike

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought (had alway heard) you go for the best frameset possible. Then everything else will be replaced at some point?

Not so interested in a name on a bike
Why do you think the pinarello is the best frameset? Other than from reading magazines and that they happen to sponsor Team Sky?

Top Bottom