Pinarello gan disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Seems a lot of money for a Tiagra specc’d bike.

OP
OP
DaveyM

DaveyM

Über Member
I thought from reading as much as I could online that it was a good frameset, but that's why I am asking on here, coz like I say there's no better review than people you can trust

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought from reading as much as I could online that it was a good frameset, but that's why I am asking on here, coz like I say there's no better review than people you can trust
I'm sure it is a decent frameset, it should be given the cost. Personally I think it's fugly with those wiggly stays and forks

OP
OP
DaveyM

DaveyM

Über Member
Other than Wiggle, there are few if any online only retailers I can think of. Just depends how far you're prepared to travel :smile:

I have had people suggest planet x /rose/canyon but I think they are online only...might be wrong though.

I guess I'd travel as far as I need, I work up and down the country, it's a works car with free fuel so if it adds to the adventure I would travel :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I have had people suggest planet x /rose/canyon but I think they are online only...might be wrong though.

I guess I'd travel as far as I need, I work up and down the country, it's a works car with free fuel so if it adds to the adventure I would travel :smile:
Rose and Canyon are as they are German (unless you want to go to Germany). Planet X have a store in Sheffield

I don't know if the Bike Rooms do test rides, they look a bit like a poncy showroom for Pinarello, at least in London, which their location also suggests. They might stick a bike on a turbo for you I guess

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks like a nice bike, and as you said, there is always the chance to upgrade the components.

I love my Dogma, and if the frameset is good enough for the TdF, then it's more than ample for me to nip to Tesco on !! ^_^^_^^_^
It's possible the riders might have something to do with its success ;) they probably would win on any pro set up

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
No experience of the Pinarello Gan, but I hired a Pinarello Marvel when on holiday on Mallorca in October. I enjoyed it. Granted, it was fitted with Ultegra, but had the 'wiggly' stays and forks mentioned. Handling was good, comfortable for 100Km rides, looked alright. The difficulty was comparing it to my usual ride as the roads were very good condition compared to those around here.
Would I spend that sort of money for a 'name'? I'm happy with my £800 Planet X ProCarbon, and I'm currently building a Genesis Equilibrium from a frameset.

Top Bottom