***Ping Bonj***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

mickle said:
Bonj, I assume you gave up or were unable to complete the test in the allotted time, so just for you, heres the answers. X

No, I didn't answer the questions because they were stupid pub-quiz style questions, not the sort of thing you're actually likely to know in the real world.
They're mainly about history. Some of the questions date back to the sixties! That's the sort of very specific subject you go on mastermind with, not the sort of stuff you need to know in order to build and service bikes.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
bonj said:
No, I didn't answer the questions because they were stupid pub-quiz style questions, not the sort of thing you're actually likely to know in the real world.
They're mainly about history. Some of the questions date back to the sixties! That's the sort of very specific subject you go on mastermind with, not the sort of stuff you need to know in order to build and service bikes.

Yes and one of them dates back to the thirties too! You asked what you didnt know about bikes and I showed you. Then you moved the goalposts.

Fancy another go?

What is the dimensional difference between seven and eight speed chains?

What is the recommended torque rating for a standard Shi**no crank bolt?

Where would one use a left handed crank extractor?

bonj2

mickle said:
Yes and one of them dates back to the thirties too! You asked what you didnt know about bikes and I showed you. Then you moved the goalposts.
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4473

mickle said:
Fancy another go?

What is the dimensional difference between seven and eight speed chains?
Zero? :biggrin:
mickle said:
What is the recommended torque rating for a standard Shi**no crank bolt?
about 300 - 400 in lb?

mickle said:
Where would one use a left handed crank extractor?
I don't know, on a european or american bike? on some peculiar historical obscure type of crankset? A more relevant question would have been "what would you need for x", and the answer being a left handed crank extractor, rather than "what would you need a left handed crank extractor for". See where I'm coming from?

bonj2

mickle said:
Good grief man is there anything about bikes you do know?

what do you think the answers are then if you're that clever? Come on, do you even know?
at the end of the day they're still pub quiz questions. That don't have much practical application in the real world.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
What is ERTRO?

What is 4120?

What is T6?

What is 68mm or 73mm?

What is OLND?

What is BCD?

Why is 1.75 inches not the same as 1 3/4 inches?

Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Huh?

You'll never get a job as a bike mechanic at this rate.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think you should let this one go, Mickle. Stop trying to prove that the world is round, the pope's catholic, Gordon Brown is a loser, Spurs are crap and Bonj is a gobshite. The answers are widely known but he provides entertainment and merriment:biggrin:

Noodley

Mickle (or bonj):

Are all 10 speed chains the same length? Just wondering and since I have your attention.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Noodley said:
Mickle (or bonj):

Are all 10 speed chains the same length? Just wondering and since I have your attention.

Dunno if they are all the same length straight from the box but thats irrelevant. Ten spd chains, like 9,8,7,6,5 and single speed chains should be a length which is appropriate for the transmission. The relevant factors are chainstay length, largest sprocket and chainring diameters and rear deraillieur capacity.

bonj2

Noodley said:
Mickle (or bonj):

No. The length is nothing to do with what 'speed' it is, it's to do with how many links it has in it.
Whether it's 10 speed, 9 speed etc. determines what width it is.

Top Bottom