Pinhead Oatmeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Noodley said:
Sounds as if a few of those 8 hours will be taken up making the bloody thing! :tongue:
Ho ho :o). Actually it is 2 mins 10 secs + 1 min 10 secs plus a few seconds for stirring and banana chopping because several of the activities are overlapped. About 4 minutes in total.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Breakfast is definitely a Simon Lotion-time and motion event.

wafflycat

Only wimps and softy-southerners make their porridge with milk! Real Porridge for Real men and Real Women (from the North) is made with water! A dash of milk is allowed only once the porridge has been made and is in the bowl. :o)

Noodley

wafflycat said:
Only wimps and softy-southerners make their porridge with milk! Real Porridge for Real men and Real Women (from the North) is made with water! A dash of milk is allowed only once the porridge has been made and is in the bowl. :tongue:

I think you'll find I am slightly further North than The North...:o)

Noodley

wafflycat said:
*shakes head in disappointment* :o)

Coming from a family who kept cattle there was always a tendency to use milk products :tongue:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
Nothing wrong with milk - just don't use it to make porridge!

I've only just stopped using milk in porridge on Fnaar's advice. Much better for the rolled oats to my taste. Will try it with half and half tomorrow and then next sat without.

There were plenty of recommendations for using the pinhead oatmeal in soups and stews.

yenrod

I once took quite a shine to these (with milk n honey) at one point so instead of them for breakfast and that was it - i had them for dinner and them for some reason i just loved the idea of some more.......

Give or take an hour and I was thinking of a ride..it was about 1-2pm...then I thought i'll go the bog as i aint been........ :o)

I then, at that point - in my life realised, that you dont need an enema [toclearyouout] just eat oats constantly ! :tongue:

1.gif

I still got out on the bike too ! :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
Noodley from the affluent south has added to his menu several luxury ingredients not available to poor Highlanders.

I just put 80ml of oatmeal in a bowl and add 240ml of cold water before going to bed.
In the morning, stir the contents of the bowl and place in microwave oven. Cook on full power for one and a half minutes.
Stir again and cook for another minute and a half.
Allow the porridge to cool a little then eat it, with milk if you prefer.
If it has been a good year on the croft, one may be able to afford some fruit or honey to add before consuming.

Top Bottom