Pinhead Oatmeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

snorri said:
Noodley from the affluent south has added to his menu several luxury ingredients not available to poor Highlanders.

I see snorri is trying to pretend to be less poor than he is with mention of these modern convenience items - bed, microwave, power, bowls...

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I've just given mine a poke - looks like wholegrain mustard.

But doesn't taste like it :o)

It may be the future of weekend breakfast.

Noodley

longers said:
I've just given mine a poke - looks like wholegrain mustard.

But doesn't taste like it :o)

It may be the future of weekend breakfast.

Hurrah! :tongue:

It'll be even better in the morning.

snorri

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
I see snorri is trying to pretend to be less poor than he is with mention of these modern convenience items - bed, microwave, power, bowls...

Yeah yeah but....your recipe required a metric weighing machine, now that IS posh.

I just measure by volume, one unit of oatmeal to three units of water.

:o)

Right then, you tartan addled lunatics, I'm conducting An Hexperiment.

I have some porridge oats soaking in water ready to be cooked tomorrow when I can be arsed to get up morning. If it's foul then I'm never buying your shortbread ever again and will be going back to cooking it as god intended, with milk, sugar and Golden Syrup.

In a microwave.

Noodley

Chuffy said:
Right then, you tartan addled lunatics, I'm conducting An Hexperiment.

I have some porridge oats soaking in water ready to be cooked tomorrow when I can be arsed to get up morning. If it's foul then I'm never buying your shortbread ever again and will be going back to cooking it as god intended, with milk, sugar and Golden Syrup.

In a microwave.

If you did not follow my recipe I cannot be held responsible for your efforts.

derall

Guru
I never use pinhead for porridge, always rolled oats.

Pinhead Oatmeal is for Herring - Split open a herring, dip it in milk. dredge it in pinhead oatmeal so that it's completely covered, then fry it in Butter :o)

Dave5N

Über Member
derall said:
I never use pinhead for porridge, always rolled oats.

Pinhead Oatmeal is for Herring - Split open a herring, dip it in milk. dredge it in pinhead oatmeal so that it's completely covered, then fry it in Butter :o)

You either have too much time or you live too far from a proper kebab house.

Which is it?

Top Bottom