Pint of Guinness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trj977

Über Member
Of course, a pint or three.

tyred

Legendary Member
I might be Irish but I don't actually like the stuff:laugh:

Murphy's stout is much nicer and I may have an occasional pint of it but I'm not really a pint drinker. I prefer Whiskey.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
No, working late turn today, zero alcohol 12 hours before booking on for duty. I don't really like Gunness anyway.

Wolf04

Uncle Mort said:
I'm probably going to get lynched or something here, but I prefer bottled Guinness - I don't like the nitrogen head on the draught kind. I'll have a bottle or two of the export version which is a bit stronger as well - about 8% I think.

Not had a chance to try it but heard good things about it. xx(

tyred

Legendary Member
The traditional Irish ale is actually a drink called Smithwicks and has been brewed since before Arthur Guinness was even born. I actually prefer it to Guinness as well.

OP
OP
Pottsy

Pottsy

tyred said:
The traditional Irish ale is actually a drink called Smithwicks and has been brewed since before Arthur Guinness was even born. I actually prefer it to Guinness as well.

Is that a stout as well?

Paulus

There is also a brewery in Cork that brews Beamish, which in my opinion is superior to the stuff brewed in Dublin.

Paulus

Is St Paddys day just a marketing ploy by Guinness to sell the stuff? There are other brewers of ales and stouts in Ireland.

Top Bottom