Pint of Guinness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Got a few tinnies of Guinness waiting for me when I get home :biggrin:
St. Pat's day was big when we were kids (Irish parents, you see). Shamrock was sent over from ireland in the post, we wore it and carboard harps on our school uniform, went to church, etc etc. Nowadays it's e-paddy cards to my siblings and relatives and a couple of tinnies when I get home, and try to interest the kids in their heritage xx(

Greedo

Of Irish disent myself and think when I was younger it was to just try and get us to remember our heritage.

I view it now more to do with the fact I had my first date with Mrs G on St Pats. She's from the other or 'dark side' as well. If I could only change one thing!xx(

ChrisKH

Guru
If I'm going to drink more than one, it has to be Guinness. After about six I can recall the four verses of "Danny Boy" much to the pain of my wife. My two sons now join in having learned it at school. :becool:

gavintc

Guru
Not my taste. Prefer Harp lager, but will drink Smithwicks or Murphys on occasion.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Someone on the radio this morning asked 'What do the Irish do while the rest of the world wear green and drink Guinness?' :ohmy:

I might have had a pint but I don't really fancy any alcohol, haven't done for months.

Wolf04

Night Train said:
Someone on the radio this morning asked 'What do the Irish do while the rest of the world wear green and drink Guinness?' :becool:

I might have had a pint but I don't really fancy any alcohol, haven't done for months.

Mostly Harp lager from my observations in Dublin and Cork. My preference in the Stout wars are:
Murphys
Guinness
Beamish
then repeat
:becool:
But never ever extra cold Guinness, I'd rather sober up!

Greedo

Harp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to be joking. That is the worst drink you can buy in a pub.

I'd rather have a Malibu and coke. Less embarrassing

gavintc said:
Not my taste. Prefer Harp lager, but will drink Smithwicks or Murphys on occasion.

Andy Pandy

Harp(ic) is one of the worst beers every produced. In fact, most Irish beers are nasty crap, Guinness included. Devoid of anything approaching taste. Gassy, watery, alcohol where the number consumed is all that matters. A few micro breweries do produce some good stuff (Hilden, Whitewater etc.).

Top Bottom