Pirelli Cinturato Velo - any views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have them on 2 bikes & my wife has them on 1. The bike shop fit 2 pairs & I had a go with the 3rd pair. They were surprising easy to fit, popped straight on & inflated with co2 pump. I've done a few hundred miles on mine & had one issue :sad: got a small cut in the sidewall on the rear, wouldn't seal fully & I couldn't plug it, so I'm currently running with a tube in that one.Mine are 26mm, they offer a comfy ride & plenty of grip. I'll certainly use them again 👍

rivers

How far can I go?
That I do.
I have 32mm cinturatos on my winter bike, running tubeless. I rate them highly as winter and commuting tyres. Good combination of puncture protection with low-ish rolling resistance. They're very easy to fit as well. I've been running them for over a year, and they're still going strong. My rear tyre had a small bubble develop and my LBS replaced it under warranty. They're good for light off road as well (gravel towpaths and the like).
When my GP5000s wear out on my summer bike, I'll be trying the new p-zero tubeless on those wheels.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Tyre bead says tubular as does main description and url. Obviously edited by someone at Wiggle who doesn’t know the difference.

There's a question in the product Q&A that mentions your point. In response Wiggle confirmed that they are tubeless.

Thanks for pointing it out - I will double check before placing any order just to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That I do.
I have 32mm cinturatos on my winter bike, running tubeless. I rate them highly as winter and commuting tyres. Good combination of puncture protection with low-ish rolling resistance. They're very easy to fit as well. I've been running them for over a year, and they're still going strong. My rear tyre had a small bubble develop and my LBS replaced it under warranty. They're good for light off road as well (gravel towpaths and the like).
When my GP5000s wear out on my summer bike, I'll be trying the new p-zero tubeless on those wheels.

Thanks.

Reviews I have read all seem positive.

I'm going to mount them on Bontrager TLR rims using Bontrager plastic insert rim strips etc.

Would you mind letting me know what sealant you are using please?

All this is new to me!

rivers

How far can I go?
Thanks.

Reviews I have read all seem positive.

I'm going to mount them on Bontrager TLR rims using Bontrager plastic insert rim strips etc.

Would you mind letting me know what sealant you are using please?

All this is new to me!

Currently using Stan's. I top up every 6 months or so. I've used orange in the past as well. Although, if swapping sealant brands, you need to clean out the old sealant beforehand.

Johnno260

Veteran
Sorry to necro an old post but it’s the only one on a search that I found.

Did people really like these in the end? I’m running Pirelli race tyres but would like something more grippy heading into wetter weather.

Ideally with a tan wall as I like the look.

Johnno260

Veteran
I couldn’t get the tan wall Cinturato’s locally, and I prefer putting money into LBS’s vs online.

I’m gonna miss the velo races until it’s dryer.

6B3AECD0-733E-4E3E-8ED4-E8CBE0921ED4.jpeg

Top Bottom