Pitlochry to Fort William and beyond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Danny do check your timing for arriving in Pitlochry. There is a major golf tournament (?) on just up the road (literally) and a considerable amount of the usual accommodation options are already booked up far and wide (we have changed our usual holiday time because of this from the 1st two weeks in September to the 1st two weeks in October). Our friends who run a holiday home on the north shore of Loch Rannoch are fully booked for all of September as a result (which is unusual). If you are looking at going north towards Dalwhinnie you may need to take it into account because the cycle route goes straight passed it.

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Of course the important question is whether @Danny will get out of rural Scotland alive, given his well-publicised support for unionism and the Labour party.
I've actually been looking for some suitable cycling gear to wear on our tour - I thought a jersey like this might go down well.

$_35.JPG

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
@Danny do check your timing for arriving in Pitlochry. There is a major golf tournament (?) on just up the road (literally) and a considerable amount of the usual accommodation options are already booked up far and wide (we have changed our usual holiday time because of this from the 1st two weeks in September to the 1st two weeks in October). Our friends who run a holiday home on the north shore of Loch Rannoch are fully booked for all of September as a result (which is unusual). If you are looking at going north towards Dalwhinnie you may need to take it into account because the cycle route goes straight passed it.
Thanks for the tip. Following Hitchington's advice I was thinking of staying in Killin, but I guess accommodation could be booked up there too. I'll start checking.

And don't get me going about golf which I generally think should be banned on principle. I seem to remember that when I took the N7 through Aviemore the route is supposed to skirt a golf course, but I missed the little blue sign and found myself cycling alongside the fairways which didn't go down too well with the regulars.

Thanks for the tip. Following Hitchington's advice I was thinking of staying in Killin, but I guess accommodation could be booked up there too. I'll start checking.

And don't get me going about golf which I generally think should be banned on principle. I seem to remember that when I took the N7 through Aviemore the route is supposed to skirt a golf course, but I missed the little blue sign and found myself cycling alongside the fairways which didn't go down too well with the regulars.
one section of my holiday last year actually had signs on the cycle way saying watch out for flying golf balls! Like I can dodge them on a bike!

Slioch

Guru
I've actually been looking for some suitable cycling gear to wear on our tour - I thought a jersey like this might go down well.

$_35.JPG

They'll think you're a Rangers fan if you wear that. :rolleyes:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Of course the important question is whether @Danny will get out of rural Scotland alive, given…
… the potential hunger of the local midge population. :hungry: :eek:

Fear not ! A solution is at hand ! :wahhey: Heading west in Pitlochry, on the right hand side of the road, at the end of the block, is The Highland Soap Company's shop. Here they sell potions, lotions and candles - the usual stuff. Their Bog Myrtle Hand & Body lotion is an excellent midge repellant and both smells and feels fine when on the skin. Apparently bog myrtle is well-known by gamekeepers as effective anti-midge stuff. :okay:

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
… the potential hunger of the local midge population. :hungry: :eek:

Fear not ! A solution is at hand ! :wahhey: Heading west in Pitlochry, on the right hand side of the road, at the end of the block, is The Highland Soap Company's shop. Here they sell potions, lotions and candles - the usual stuff. Their Bog Myrtle Hand & Body lotion is an excellent midge repellant and both smells and feels fine when on the skin. Apparently bog myrtle is well-known by gamekeepers as effective anti-midge stuff. :okay:
Must pay them a visit next time I go!

Top Bottom