Pity my poor cyclist neighbour!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was only in for a week but identify strongly with @andytheflyer above.

Muscle wasting took place even in that short time and I learned constipation is a side effect of painkillers.

I reckon for a long stay you are much better off on a ward with other patients.

Boredom for me was relieved by watching - and earwigging - the comings and goings to and from the other beds.

Yikes, here's wishing your neighbour all the best @Globalti

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks, and especially ATF for that useful insight. His brother dropped by this evening and told us that, as with my own son after his tree interface this time last year, bits of memory have started coming back. Chris says he can remember a grass verge and his front tyre has got grass and debris stuffed between tyre and rim. The only serious damage to the bike is a bent rear rim so it's still a bit of a mystery. His Garmin shows he was doing 25 mph when he stopped suddenly.

As I'm currently doing Jury duty in Preston I will be able to drop in on him in the afternoons. He's not a CCer, by the way.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Best wishes to Chris, I hope all goes well for him and wishing him a speedy recovery.
Interesting reading this, I've got my arm in a cast for the next 3+ weeks after fracturing my elbow during a MTB ride and I'm beginning to get a bit down with not being able to do all the normal things you do in the course of the day, simple things like putting your socks on. After reading a few posts on this thread, I don't think I've got any rights at all moaning about being off the bike etc.
Get well soon Chris, sounds like you got some good people around you.

Top Bottom