Pizza Hut/Pizza Express etc......anyone use them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I recall going in a Pizza ??? many years ago. It did nothing for me and Ive not visited one since.
Anyway a couple of old friends asked us to meet them in a Pizza Express for lunch today.
Bl**dy hell......for a bit of dough plus some bits it seems expensive to me.
3 of us had pizza....one had vegan salad. We shared 2 tubs of vegi "chips"......7 chips per tub. 3 soft drinks and one SMALL glass of wine.
Best part of £85.00.
On the possitive side.....good service and everything was tasty. It will be a loooong time if ever we go back again.

Drago

Legendary Member
No one pays full price!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5230812, member: 259"]Drago's right. Nobody pays full price at places like Pizza Express and Zizis. Just Google for discount codes or look at money saving expert for a run down on all the discounts at all the chain restaurants.[/QUOTE]
Never even gave that a thought. TBH I went there expecting sort of £7/8 per head
We live and learn.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Plod discount
Emergency services, armed forces and NHS.

https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They should have lunch time deals like all you can eat pizza from the buffet area. If you've ordered off the menu then yes it's expensive

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
As has been said, get a discount code or website offer as the standard menu prices can be excessive.

Went into Zizzi's in some part of London last Sunday. 6 of us, the bill came to £116. Student daughter then gets them to apply a discount through a student scheme and the bill comes down to £70

We like Zizzi - it's about as good as chain restaurants get - but in my experience they never offer anything other than the full price menu unless you ask.
There are frequently set price special menus on.
Ask for the Anytime menu (£19.99 for 3 courses and a limoncello) which seems to be permanently available, or the current special, the Amico menu which is 3 courses for £15.95.
Sometimes they claim not to know about them, but you can always get your phone out and show them the menu on their website...:whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5230867, member: 259"]Yebbut have you ever tried getting a hot dog stuffed crust deep pan meat feast from Pizza Express?[/QUOTE]
xx(

Top Bottom