Pizza Hut/Pizza Express etc......anyone use them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a tastecard so 241 at lots of chains (except Friday or Saturday), prefer to avoid chains and go 241 at local pubs and restaurants instead

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
They should have lunch time deals like all you can eat pizza from the buffet area. If you've ordered off the menu then yes it's expensive
We were just given a menu. No mention of that deal.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Close them all down or turn them in to Domino's. Dom's is the only place in town. Not enough of them have sitting space though!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My local takeaway does really nice 12" veggie pizzas which I treat myself to once or twice a month, usually when I have done a long ride during the day and don't feel like cooking in the evening. (And can justify eating what must be, what, at least 1,500 calories (?) in one sitting!)

Unfortunately, they recently put their prices up ...

... to £5.50!

There is a 10% discount for orders over £10 so if I had guests we could get two 12" pizzas for £9.90, which I think is pretty reasonable.

I shall be popping into Edinburgh tomorrow and visiting Vittorias's for a pizza Emilia Romagna: Bolognese sauce, stracchino cheese, diced pancetta, salami ventricina & mushroom. The best pizza ever.

classic33

Leg End Member
Close them all down or turn them in to Domino's. Dom's is the only place in town. Not enough of them have sitting space though!
I've seen how they handle the pizza's at the local one.

Biff600

Veteran
It's a rather useful discount card scheme for EMS personnel.

I have one too being a 'vet', I also have the Defence Discount Card, which is just as handy when I remember that I have it !

Never used it for buying pizza, but I do get between 10-20% off at KFC ^_^

scotjimland

Don't eat in restaurants or use takeaway nor eat processed food.. home cooked only ..

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We went to the one in Rhyl on the way back from Yorkshire months ago. It was full of noisy kids and dirty. Never again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The mass-catering industry is just one huge organisation dedicated to making as much profit as possible from ship-loads of flour, sugar, cheap meat and fat, bought at world commodity prices and cooked up with colourings and flavours. Restaurants that do genuine cooking are far and few between; your local pub that advertises "home cooked food" receives its portion-controlled meals frozen from a big white van in the mornings. All the kitchen technician has to do is defrost then stick under the grill for a few minutes to give that just cooked look. This is why menus are so predictable. Common national names are Brakes, 3663 and Food Service and in Lancs we have Ribble Farm Foods.

A quick browse of the Brakes site will make it clear: https://www.brake.co.uk/

Top Bottom