Places you can no longer go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Can’t go walking round Buckingham palace gardens now ever since the Queen took out that injunction

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Clifton Suspension Bridge. Bloody daleks.....:whistle:
EqrBMQoXMAQHdp8 (1).jpg

Some 'Kipper pubs :
03kkv8vgtce41.jpg

Most of the route of the North Coast 500 is now a no go zone for me, ruined by vast numbers of motorists :sad:.
We were holidaying in Lochinver a few years ago, in October, and even at that time of the year the mile long walk along the single track road into the village felt like a game of Russian roulette. We only ventured out on bikes the once and we were constantly being forced off the road to give way to ‘might is right’ motorists.
Correct answer. I've ridden a fair part of it, some before the NC500 designation and some after, and the difference was unbelievable.

What used to be quiet roads where you could ride for miles without encountering another human being became more akin to riding on the A82.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Correct answer. I've ridden a fair part of it, some before the NC500 designation and some after, and the difference was unbelievable.

What used to be quiet roads where you could ride for miles without encountering another human being became more akin to riding on the A82.
The flip side of this is when we were talking to people in the hospitality industry (hotel owners, cafes, restaurants, pubs etc) in Sutherland and Caithness on our recent LEJOG, they were all delighted about the NC500 as it brought a lot of business to the area. It looks a tough place to scrape a living, I certainly wouldn't begrudge them the additional traffic

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Bloody aliens, coming over here, enslaving people, probing people up the rear...should go back to their own universe:okay:

The flip side of this is when we were talking to people in the hospitality industry (hotel owners, cafes, restaurants, pubs etc) in Sutherland and Caithness on our recent LEJOG, they were all delighted about the NC500 as it brought a lot of business to the area. It looks a tough place to scrape a living, I certainly wouldn't begrudge them the additional traffic
Sure there’s lots of businesses fairly raking it in following the designation but the damage being done to everyone and everything else is colossal.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Yes and no as a lot of the camper vans are self contained with them loaded up with beer and food. They’d get far more money from cyclists stopping at bed and breakfasts or camping and eating in the cafes and pubs. But all that trade will be lost if the roads are now hostile if you’re on a bike.

Top Bottom