Plan to get rich ... but will it work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I've just been watching the lunchtime news, there was an article about the new £50 note. They were filming inside the Royal Mint, the notes are shipped in metal crates full of packets of notes. Each packet contains £250,000 and each create contains £10,000,000.

So then I had a brainwave! If I get up to London quick enough, I reckon I can blag myself a fortune!

Here's the schpiel: "'ere, matey!" (said to the govenor of the Bank of England) "Them bundles of fifties ain't so big, I gots mesel' a rucksack with assorted sh*t in it, d'ya reckon I could just tan a couple or three off ya, I tell you wot, I has got prolly a five pound note in my pocket, wot is prolly worth to me wot one of them crates is worth to you ... lemme see ... hactually it's only four pound fifty, but tell you wot, if you give us a few notes and give us ten mins, I'll nip into town and get a can of tennants super and a big mac and you can have the fifty out of wot you give me, see? I'm generous like that. What d'ya reckon guv?"

Minted. I tell you.

But will it work?

postman

Legendary Member
Why go to all that trouble.Just become a Politician.You can also screw everyone around you aswell.

snailracer

Über Member
Why go to all that trouble.Just become a Politician.You can also screw everyone around you aswell.
Hmm you might be onto something. If I became a politician, I would declare some sort of "zone" around my constituency and charge people lots of money for entering it :biggrin: .

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Back in the 80's my Dad once had to supervise the burning of £millions of bank notes.

The furnace operatives had to remove all their clothes and dress in standard issue boiler suits to stop any notes going missing.

montyboy

I've just been watching the lunchtime news, there was an article about the new £50 note. They were filming inside the Royal Mint, the notes are shipped in metal crates full of packets of notes. Each packet contains £250,000 and each create contains £10,000,000.

So then I had a brainwave! If I get up to London quick enough, I reckon I can blag myself a fortune!

Here's the schpiel: "'ere, matey!" (said to the govenor of the Bank of England) "Them bundles of fifties ain't so big, I gots mesel' a rucksack with assorted sh*t in it, d'ya reckon I could just tan a couple or three off ya, I tell you wot, I has got prolly a five pound note in my pocket, wot is prolly worth to me wot one of them crates is worth to you ... lemme see ... hactually it's only four pound fifty, but tell you wot, if you give us a few notes and give us ten mins, I'll nip into town and get a can of tennants super and a big mac and you can have the fifty out of wot you give me, see? I'm generous like that. What d'ya reckon guv?"

Minted. I tell you.

But will it work?

No, :rolleyes:

Minted. I tell you.

But will it work?

Send me a fiver and I'll let you know.

Crankarm

Guru
You have won the lottery of the Federated States of Africa. To claim your $15million US dollars please reply to this email with details of address and bank accounts and family. Pleese include £250 remittance to cover amissistration costs. Don't be late now as you could be driving a nice speed boat up the channel of the Thames by your parlament houses.

Loyally yours,

Dinaghta

:biggrin:

Think it will work?

darth vadar

Über Member

Minted. I tell you.

But will it work?

Are you ill ?

Top Bottom