Planet detected in another galaxy - wow !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
According to Professor Brian Cox, before the Big Bang, there was just waves of energy and gravity. Gravity won the battle and created matter as a result of the Big Bang. That's the way I understand it anyway.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Time to quote Sir Terry again.

2994DE28-3468-4C5A-905C-20221F8025AF.jpeg

Milzy

Guru
According to Professor Brian Cox, before the Big Bang, there was just waves of energy and gravity. Gravity won the battle and created matter as a result of the Big Bang. That's the way I understand it anyway.
That’s what I also thought.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What do you mean by who (put the gases there)?

The Big Bang event occured and at that point all matter was created.

Re the void (space I presume?) Space was created at the same time. Before the Big Bang there was no space.
there was space-time and energy, according to the final episode of Prof Brian Cox's Universe series.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Even if we could detect signs of aliens, it would be from thousands of years ago so they may be extinct by now. Same with all the radio transmissions we send out, by the time another civilization detects them, we will long be gone so on that basis, we are very unlikely to ever meet aliens.
The size of the universe is so huge that even the speed of light is slow for a human life span by comparison.
We can only hope to physically explore planets in the solar system.
no one's talking about 👽

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
there was space-time and energy, according to the final episode of Prof Brian Cox's Universe series.

Yes, I know I watched it.

It was speculative theorising of which there is much re what was the situation at both the time of the Big Bang and pre-Big Bang. Multiple theories abound.

No one is entirely sure at the present time.

I was merely replying to Milzy to say there was no matter/gas prior to the Big Bang.

Top Bottom