Planet Rock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
My resurgent love for rock music has had me listening to Planet Rock quite a bit in 2018.

I've just submitted my three songs for The Full English, and may have a go at the Rockblock.

Any other Planet Rock fans out There?

AndyRM

XOXO
Of the "rock" stations it's probably the most consistent in what it plays, when I've listened at least. Not great for variety, but reasonable background tunes.

Bruce Dickinson was the best thing on Radio 6 for a while. Iggy Pop is good these days.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Maz listens to it a lot, I find it a bit repetitive and it's on DAB which is 'pants' for quality so I don't have it on my big stereo (even though I can connect it)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I used to listen quite a bit, but it seems I'm not alone in finding their output a bit repetitive (they're not alone in that respect in commercial radio - Mrs ND listens to Heart who seem to have about 15 tracks on their playlist).
I still dip in every now and then.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to listen to it,mainly in the summer while out sunbathing in the backyard/garden. I gave it up due to the mind numbing repetitive adverts. That Frank Skinner show on Saturday mornings was crap. Is it still on?

pclay

Veteran
Several years ago, in the Midlands, Planet Rock on FM 105.2 became Absolute Radio. Is planet rock now an online station?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5299369, member: 259"]That's what puts me off. That and "Livin' On A Prayer" every hour, on the hour. :ohmy:

Spotify radio for me. No DJs and no adverts.[/QUOTE]
Damn those adverts!:cursing: I tried to blot them out but they kept going round and round in my mind:wacko:,which i suppose is the purpose of them. All it did was make me hate the product and be determined not to buy the things,but most if not all adverts don't make me buy things anyway.

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike he's down on his luck
It's tough, so tough
Gina works the diner all day......:whistle:

:okay:

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I used to listen to it,mainly in the summer while out sunbathing in the backyard/garden. I gave it up due to the mind numbing repetitive adverts. That Frank Skinner show on Saturday mornings was crap. Is it still on?
Frank Skinner is on Absolute Radio.

Venod

Eh up
I listen now and again, like all radio I don't like all of the output, they only seem to play ere rock, they are missing out on so many good artists, Radio Paradise (via Internet) and Spotify are listened to more.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Planet Rock took over the FM frequency in Birmingham from Kerrang Radio, which was very good. So instead of an eclectic mix of new music of various in-your-face styles, and some old classics, we got a bunch of cliched Dad rock as though nothing had been released since the late 80s. Emo, grunge and various forms of thrash metal were replaced by poodle pop.

I’m order to protect the radio, I stopped listening.

stephec

Legendary Member
I float between Planet Rock, and both Absolute 80s and 90s when I'm driving around for work.

PR does have a fair mix of old and new, it probably depends on the time of day/which DJ is on when you listen as to how you view it.

Top Bottom