Planet x clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solecyclist

I don't know about anybody else but I've just bought some socks and a new bib outfit from planet x. They are not very old at all I've thrown 3 pairs of socks away as they are threadbare on the heels already and the Roubaix bib is starting to bobble wouldn't advise any body to buy planet x apparel.... Really poor quality!

I've had some very good items from there

But.......
Sizing seems very 'hit & miss' dependant on items/their suppliers

I've got one jacket that's a 'L' & it's skin-tight
Likewise, I have an On-One l/s jersey 'M' that I could almost wear over my down jacket

I think you often get what you pay for...PX is cheap stuff
Exactly.

I've found a few good value things, and bought multiples (I totally rate their merino arm-warmers - the orange ones actually match our club kit!). Generally I'm very wary, try to stick to branded items that are in a clearance sale (e.g. a Vittoria tyre, or a tin of WD40 you know what you are getting!)

Milzy

Guru
Very very poor. Only their Das Boots have ever been worth the money because they were half price.

bianchi1

Guru
You get what you pay for. I like their winter bib tights, the zip always falls apart after a couple of rides but they work without. Cheep enough that you don't have to worry about trashing them in a fall or constant tumble drying!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Exactly.

I've found a few good value things, and bought multiples (I totally rate their merino arm-warmers - the orange ones actually match our club kit!).

I'm no fan of PX but the merino stuff I have from them is all very good value. The arm warmers I've had for years & still going strong & I have a few pairs of merino socks which must be 3 years old now :okay:

Is it the orange splat ones you like? My wife may have some size small that she doesn't like :smile:

Venod

Eh up
The helmets are good value and the OnOne shorts are a steal and have lasted as long as some of my more expensive stuff, also the over shoes with the velcro fastenings are fantastic value.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i was looking at some shorts they have
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXSUBLBS/planet-x-sublime-bib-shorts
but the pad doesnt look flat stitched ?
1616789174558.png

I have some of the clubman shorts , simple pad but comfy I did buy some more expensive shorts recently and they gave me a saddle sore as the shape of the pad had a really defined edge which cut me up and felt not right from the start

Mark pallister

I don't know about anybody else but I've just bought some socks and a new bib outfit from planet x. They are not very old at all I've thrown 3 pairs of socks away as they are threadbare on the heels already and the Roubaix bib is starting to bobble wouldn't advise any body to buy planet x apparel.... Really poor quality!
As they say”you get what you pay for “

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've only bought overshoes from them. £10 a pair and very good value provided one accepts they fall apart after one winter. Cheap products are cheap for a reason.

I've only bought overshoes from them. £10 a pair and very good value provided one accepts they fall apart after one winter.
Don't overshoes always fail fairly soon on the bottom from a bit of unavoidable walking on them?
Duct tape.
Silver, to show that you care not about the fashion police. I have some Alturas that are donkey's years old.

Top Bottom