Planet x clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Don't overshoes always fail fairly soon on the bottom from a bit of unavoidable walking on them?
Duct tape.
Silver, to show that you care not about the fashion police. I have some Alturas that are donkey's years old.
Oh yes, quite agree. Even by my standards for overshoes, very low, these seriously fell apart!! :laugh:

They were very warm though not particularly waterproof in proper wet weather. This didn't matter as the insulating effect was so good I had wet warm feet........it's cold feet I can't take.

I've moved on to proper winter boots but was quite happy spending £10 even though the bin would call in March.

chris-suffolk

Bought some Merino wool thermal tops a while back from them. They get holes in just looking at them. Last ride, checked for un-stiched holes - none. By the time I got back - no more than 3 hours - 5 holes in the front back and neck.

I'm no fan of PX but the merino stuff I have from them is all very good value. The arm warmers I've had for years & still going strong & I have a few pairs of merino socks which must be 3 years old now :okay:

Is it the orange splat ones you like? My wife may have some size small that she doesn't like :smile:
Yes, merino socks are excellent value. Somewhat weird styling, but that's fine in winter!

The recent arm-warmers have been the "Carnac"-branded ones. Don't think I've had the splat ones; I remember some a few years back (with on-one branding) that were lovely, but juuuust too short for me. Frustrating, but only a few quid spent!

Addendum: I've also done many happy miles in these:
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXP3BS/planet-x-pro-line-365x-bib-shorts
My *only* quibble is that the front "bib" area comes up very high, so a pee-stop is a more ... gymnastic affair. Oh ok- the gripper area is also coming apart in a weird way, but it doesn't seem to affect their function 1 bit, odd as that sounds.

The socks aren't the longest lasting but I think it's about £1 a pair. My DHB socks are lasting much longer but they are 5 or 6 times more expensive.

I've PX shorts that I've had for years and they're fine too. Everything wears away eventually though.

Top Bottom