Planet X clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommohawk

I am in the market for some new (winter) kit. Does anyone have any (good or bad) experience with Planet X clothing? My current kit is a mix of DHB, pinnacle, endura and grib grab. Thanks in advance.

In my experience - it doesn't last as long as DHB kit - but it's not DHB price.

Venod

Eh up
I use their OnOne bib shorts, which are comfortable, the black tends to fade over time.
Their overshoes are excellent.
Never tried their Jerseys but I would think they are OK, but then again I am happy with some Aldi gear I have, so maybe take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

Apart from the stuff that is pressed hard against your precious bits, I'd recommend their stuff. Some is amaaaaazing VFM, other is just OK.

I think they use a mix of suppliers - certainly their range is a bit of a lucky dip, and I say that based on years as a customer.

(Their chamois are a strange almost "cloth" material - feels great when you first sit down, but forms small rucks which are asking for trouble. And sometimes trouble results ... )

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I like Polaris kit, can often get some sale bargains.

vickster

Legendary Member
Overshoes and base layers are the top priority.

Small sizes, but these guys have baselayers for £8 in their closing down sale
https://subsports.co.uk/collections/all?mc_cid=ade0780745&mc_eid=01a897e95b
Try Sportpursuit for higher quality kit at reduced prices :okay: You have to sign up for their website, they charge delivery (but £4.99 on any size order, as do PX I think), can get free returns if you use PayPal and register on the PP site for free returns

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

They have lots of half price overshoes - Gore, Sugoi, POC, Sealskinz, Endura, plus Vulpine, Rivelo merino baselayers among others (and probably loads of non cycling brand ones too)

Last edited:
I've base layers from PX, Castelli, Aldi, Chapeau etc etc etc.

Can't tell any difference between them when worn. I'd be very happy with PX kit there.

Overshoes are pretty much consumables. Pay a tenner for PX or £40 for gore or something ? PX everytime.

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Think I’ll get some PX gear and give it a go. I’ve never been one who is swayed by brand names.

I have had merino bases from a few places.
Sportspursuit do a few ranges but they get holey very quickly.

My DHB merino top is a lot better.

Top Bottom