Planet X EXO3 @ 10% off

Pull the Trigger?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Do I pull the trigger?

Just got the planet today only 10% discount off everything: £1999 down to £1800.

The EXO3 SRAM Force 11. I'm weighing it up against the Cervelo P2, Dolan Scala, Giant Trinity Advanced.

CBPXEX03FORVIS_P1.jpg

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXEX03FORVIS/planet-x-exo3-time-trial-bike-sram-force-11-vision-35

I have Athena on my current set up, Campag Bullet 80s, so I believe my wheels swap over without hassle.

Do I really need it? Mmm no.

Could I get away with just a new frame? Probably but a lot of fiddling about and time wasted.

vickster

Legendary Member
No it's f'ing fugly. And you're a Cinelli fanboy...
I've saved you a fortune. I'll let you know where to send my commission ;)

simon.r

Person
If you can afford it and want it, go ahead.

I've just "pulled the trigger" on a 105 groupset from Merlin (also 10% off at the moment) to build up an old steeel frame I have. Can I justify it? No. Do I need to justify it? No.

Life's too short.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
No it's f'ing fugly. And you're a Cinelli fanboy...
I've saved you a fortune. I'll let you know where to send my commission ;)

Yeah Cinelli last did a TT bike years ago, there is one frame in the world still available from an Italian website, but it's the wrong size, and costs the same as this whole bike.

I have a vague plan to buy a Dolan Scala which is very similar to the Cinelli WYSIWYG and have it resprayed...but that way madness lies. ;)

scala-bike-black-fluo-orange_1.jpg

Cinelli_WYSIWYG.jpg

U

User33236

By whichever one will keep you compliant with the 3cm rule :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User33236

You buying for triathlon events or time trialling? For the former UCI rules apply and CTT rules apply to the latter.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
You buying for triathlon events or time trialling? For the former UCI rules apply and CTT rules apply to the latter.

Both but primarily Tri.

PlanetX offer is on again until midnight...

The Dolan is an old design from 2003 really. But it's more configurable, online anyway.

I'd rather have Campag, than SRAM/Shim.

Top Bottom