planet x gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srj10

Guru
Looking to purchase their crab hand winter gloves looking for thoughts on sizing,are they true to size ?I am normally a large but according to their chart may have to size up due to length. Thanks

wonderloaf

Veteran
I normally buy gloves in large size but have also just bought some PX crab gloves in XL, they fit perfectly. More than that they're the only gloves that keep my hands warm in the temps we're seeing recently! A bargain in my view.

OP
OP
S

srj10

Guru
Thanks,was hoping for a reply like that! Suffer from cold hands and have tried a lot of gloves, hoping these will solve the problem.

gaijintendo

Veteran
PX have a couple of varieties. Carnac and PX branded ones.

I have a pair from a couple of years ago. They can be almost too hot, so they work. I find them moist when they come off. Straight on the radiator helps.

One has a wee air hole on the thumb, which doesn't bother me.

I find they tire my hands out though, having them splayed out like that.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I too suffer with cold hands and I thought I had some PX Lobster Gloves, so went to check the size, it turns out I have AGU lobster gloves in size 16 but bought from PX, I find they keep my hands warm in this cold weather, I had to adapt to the way I hold the hoods, but not a problem after a few rides.

Get some silk liners too
Better than those, gore liners. They may seem a tad expensive for what they are but with those you can most of the time get away with using cheapo readily available fleece,particularly if thinsulate, gloves often pick-uppable for a fiver or so. At least in southern/London weather.

Edit - I picked up the PX lobster gloves the other day. for £10, now £8 I think and I can't see them getting any cheaper even with PX's wonky see-saw pricing. Was quite impressed with them but haven't used them yet. Can't check the sizing as I am not with them.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Better than those, gore liners. They may seem a tad expensive for what they are but with those you can most of the time get away with using cheapo readily available fleece,particularly if thinsulate, gloves often pick-uppable for a fiver or so. At least in southern/London weather.

Edit - I picked up the PX lobster gloves the other day. for £10, now £8 I think and I can't see them getting any cheaper even with PX's wonky see-saw pricing. Was quite impressed with them but haven't used them yet. Can't check the sizing as I am not with them.
I got mine for £10 and was a bit miffed to see them go down to £7.50 the next day. Still even at a tenner they're a good buy even with dreaded P&P. I bought a couple of the neck buffs as well at £3 each which are also good value.

I got mine for £10 and was a bit miffed to see them go down to £7.50 the next day. Still even at a tenner they're a good buy even with dreaded P&P. I bought a couple of the neck buffs as well at £3 each which are also good value.
at the risk of chilling you more, my Planet X neck-buff cost £1 no time at all ago :smile:
Doubtless you have got other stuff cheaper than me - their tactic is clearly to slash the price of some stuff as they then hike the price of other stuff in your basket - possibly as you add to it in an effort to hit the ever raising free postage level. Have decided it's just best to swallow the postage cost, offset by discounts on stuff you really want/need rather than just add to your collection of novelty socks/hats retro whatever.

OP
OP
S

srj10

Guru

Was tempted at 7.50 but held back.will take advantage at £8 this weekend

OP
OP
S

srj10

Guru
Received my gloves,first impressions,they are well made,not too bulky.Out for a 2hr ride today,temp 2-5, wind-chill closer to zero,they performed well,first 20mins hands were still cold especially thumbs but after that they were fine.I have XL fit ok if a bit neat lengthwise.After the ride hands were sweaty so breathability could be an issue,overall pleased with my purchase.

pclay

Veteran
the PX crab gloves are good. I sized up to XL, and they fit fine. warmer that 5oC and they may be too hot.

They are good down to about -1oC if dry.

They are not waterproof though, so your fingers can be frozen if riding in rain at 2oC.

stumpy66

Veteran
i have the px crab gloves and i find they are too sweaty for my liking. I normally am L but got XL in those and they fit fine.

Ive used decathlons silk liners for quite a few years and have found them to be great, last well and i can get away witha thin pair of gloves with the silk liners down to around 0 degrees

Top Bottom