Planet X has any used them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

been looking at brake upgrade and the seam very cheap for ultegra and vision team 35. Is it old stock or just mega prices

winjim

Smash the cistern
Spammy spammy spam spam.

Who knows. They use a variety of models;

They stock em high and sell them cheap
They buy liquidation stock
They play with the pricing to meet every sale
They bulk buy and sell the parts separately and as a stock bike build item.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

020CBABD-99C1-4FC9-973D-EA797B8537C5.png 3886143A-63F0-4C26-929A-FDA2E90746BA.png FA7F2F60-1963-40AE-B567-649EDCCEC164.png 1D4D8865-2FC2-4089-8F39-BB34A1017DBD.png I have seen the wheels at my local bike shop of 265 with tyres fitted and fitted on my bike

winjim

Smash the cistern
Very much so. Multiple emails every day. This is in response to an email query, not a sale. I even emailed to thank them for finally removing me from their mailing list... which resulted in me going straight back on the list.

You could junk them or use a burner email address, but I object in principle.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I've bought lots of bits n bobs off them for many years and never had an issue

Venod

Eh up
Bought a couple of frames various components and clothing with no problems and all at bargain prices, would not hesitate to use them again.

vickster

Legendary Member
They use Yodel to deliver bikes...and expect you to pay for the prviledge!

To your question, they presumably keep their overheads low, no free delivery until you spend a fair amount (£100?), no free returns, short warranties on bikes etc. Think they've shut a couple of their shops fairly recently

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Had a few bits over the years. They do spam on a daily basis but these get deleted with the rest of the junk mail that shopping online seems to generate. If you can bin the spam without even glancing at it you should be OK.
They did let me down just last week, ordered some tyres on Monday lunchtime and got a second confirmation on Friday morning! I rang them but despite having stock they still hadn't posted my order out, and worse, couldn't say when they would be dispatched! I cancelled.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I’ve bought some overshoes from them for £10 (Velcro not zip), but I popped into their head office shop for them which isn’t too far from me. Never had anything delivered from them. I’ve used the new overshoes about five times now and they seem fine. Time will tell.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Thanks guys. Sorry to be a pain and don’t now if it’s a silly question wud thoses brakes be ok on my 2016 defy 0. Also with the wheels are the t35 the same year to year. Give or take. And one last thing what shud I pay for a set of tyres. Just seeing if it’s safe to get the wheels with tyres from my lbs at 265 and they said they wud fit my cassette and check the gear and brakes on the new rims or get the from
Planet X at 150. And pay for tyres and the tool to tighten he cassette up

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ha ha. Just got my latest PlanetX spam dropped into my inbox so thought I would check just how often they arrive......

upload_2018-1-30_12-3-27.png

Pretty much reliably every other day, but they hit me hard in the new year and spammed daily for the first 5 days! :laugh:

Top Bottom