Planet X has any used them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Ha ha. Just got my latest PlanetX spam dropped into my inbox so thought I would check just how often they arrive......

View attachment 393870

Pretty much reliably every other day, but they hit me hard in the new year and spammed daily for the first 5 days! :laugh:

One a day eh ? You must be overwhelmed by the increased workload. I'm super impressed that you find the time to post here after slogging your way through that lot .

Sixmile

Veteran
I’ve bought some overshoes from them for £10 (Velcro not zip), but I popped into their head office shop for them which isn’t too far from me. Never had anything delivered from them. I’ve used the new overshoes about five times now and they seem fine. Time will tell.

I've cheapo Planet X overshoes and in my second winter with them. I've gave them some heavy use and whilst the seams at the front are a memory and overall look tatty, they're still useable, although the top of the left zip punctured a little hole in my thumb yesterday!

Their fluro commuter long sleeve didn't fair so well. Still useable but what was a vibrant yellow is now a very dull grey. Suppose you get what you pay for!

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but if any one has info thoughts on the wheels I mentioned in a couple of posts that wud be great wud love to pull the trigger and get sum rims

Venod

Eh up
Just popped up on my Facebook feed, apparently it was 4 o'clock this morning.

Please keep an eye out. Planet X been done over. All stock and repair bikes stolen
1f625.png

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Sorry for the wud ha ha I have read reviews and the wheels looo ok just seeing if the ones for sale on px are the same as in my lbs because there is a fair difference in price about 115 pounds I now the ones at the lbs have tyres and tubes included . And px have ultegra brakes for about 65 for the set which seams very cheap

GlenBen

Über Member
What tyres are they at the lbs? Easy to spend another £60 on a decent set of tyres and tubes.

Ive never had any issue with planet x myself.

Roger

Veteran
Used PX for numerous items over last four year including two bikes, just taken delivery of one of their Titanium Hurriane Audax bikes, always received great service and never an issue with delivery. Receive no more emails from them than any other online bike shop I buy from.

Used them a fair few times. Notorious of course for up and down pricing and bizarre claims of discount levels. But often good stuff at good prices. Never had any real problems - sometimes when busy/have a mega sale they can take a while to get stuff out of the door but just ordered something which arrived so fast I thought it was from another company. All in all very good as long as you take some of their claims with a pinch of salt/squirt of lube.

Top Bottom