Planet X has any used them

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by dave147, 29 Jan 2018.

1. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I'm pretty sure you can opt out, I don't get any...Ribble send lots too and Evans, Merlin, Rutland (I don't get from Wiggle/CRC as opted out too)

I need to review my account settings various at some point!

I like Skol likes this.
  2. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

One a day eh ? You must be overwhelmed by the increased workload. I'm super impressed that you find the time to post here after slogging your way through that lot .

I like Skol likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    dave147

dave147 Active Member

Last edited: 30 Jan 2018
  4. Threevok

Threevok Carpe Rotam

I hope they are OK

Coz I kinda, sorta, just this minute, pulled the trigger on a frame from there :whistle:

I like Skol likes this.
  5. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

I've cheapo Planet X overshoes and in my second winter with them. I've gave them some heavy use and whilst the seams at the front are a memory and overall look tatty, they're still useable, although the top of the left zip punctured a little hole in my thumb yesterday!

Their fluro commuter long sleeve didn't fair so well. Still useable but what was a vibrant yellow is now a very dull grey. Suppose you get what you pay for!

6. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

I've used them for a few things, particularly bargain lights for winter, and never had any spam from them.

7. OP
    OP
    dave147

dave147 Active Member

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but if any one has info thoughts on the wheels I mentioned in a couple of posts that wud be great wud love to pull the trigger and get sum rims

8. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

9. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

Just popped up on my Facebook feed, apparently it was 4 o'clock this morning.

Please keep an eye out. Planet X been done over. All stock and repair bikes stolen 1f625.png

10. OP
    OP
    dave147

dave147 Active Member

Sorry for the wud ha ha I have read reviews and the wheels looo ok just seeing if the ones for sale on px are the same as in my lbs because there is a fair difference in price about 115 pounds I now the ones at the lbs have tyres and tubes included . And px have ultegra brakes for about 65 for the set which seams very cheap

11. GlenBen

GlenBen Über Member

What tyres are they at the lbs? Easy to spend another £60 on a decent set of tyres and tubes.

Ive never had any issue with planet x myself.

12. Roger

Roger Veteran

Used PX for numerous items over last four year including two bikes, just taken delivery of one of their Titanium Hurriane Audax bikes, always received great service and never an issue with delivery. Receive no more emails from them than any other online bike shop I buy from.

13. GlenBen

GlenBen Über Member

14. OP
    OP
    dave147

dave147 Active Member

I have now used them and can not fault them

GlenBen likes this.
  15. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

Used them a fair few times. Notorious of course for up and down pricing and bizarre claims of discount levels. But often good stuff at good prices. Never had any real problems - sometimes when busy/have a mega sale they can take a while to get stuff out of the door but just ordered something which arrived so fast I thought it was from another company. All in all very good as long as you take some of their claims with a pinch of salt/squirt of lube.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice