Planet X London Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Anybody got one? what do you think of it? How is it set-up? and planet x issues

post pics if you can

Thanks

Tommy2

Über Member
I've got one, since about November, nice solid bike, a little heavy (heavier than my Ribble was but haven't actually weighed it) maybe downs to the discs.

Bought it as a build yourself deal, everything arrived and in good time, no issue with Planet X themselves.
I have only used it on the road so can't comment on off road handling.
IMAG2405.jpg

U

User19783

I had one for a few months, hybrid version.
Went well, completed the Devon coast to coast on it, very comfortable.

Only downside and it wasn't why I moved it on, was toe overlap with the front wheel,
Other than that it's a great bike.

D

Deleted member 23692

Here's one of my two LR's which was a self build buying just the frame from PX for £199 in their Xmas sale.

Groupset is 105 Compact (11-32 on the back) with Ultegra brifters/Deore calipers hydro brakes. Wheels are Fulcrum 77 CXs with Conti CycloCross Speed 35c tyres. FSA finishing kit. Saddle is SDG Circuit, which I have on all my bikes

LR Drop Side.jpg

Weight is 10kg.

No issues at all with it and considering the price I can't fault it. It's a hoot to ride and on average only around 1-1.5mph slower than my 'sunday best' carbon road bike, which i think is down to the way it copes with rough road surfaces.

If you're interested, my other LR is an Afline hub/mid-drive electric conversion mentioned in this thread

nickr

Über Member
I've owned mine since November last year. The mud guards were not fitted at the factory and were a complete pain and are not as good as those from SKS. The rack I got from Planet X fractured despite being very lightly loaded. The mudguard and carrier mounting points are prone to cross threading and are made of the softest metal I have encountered since fixing Japanese motors bikes in the 1970's

That said the bike itself was great value at the time - I dont think its quite such good value now

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've owned mine since November last year. The mud guards were not fitted at the factory and were a complete pain and are not as good as those from SKS. The rack I got from Planet X fractured despite being very lightly loaded. The mudguard and carrier mounting points are prone to cross threading and are made of the softest metal I have encountered since fixing Japanese motors bikes in the 1970's

That said the bike itself was great value at the time - I dont think its quite such good value now
Honda cucumber medal made their bikes great value at the time, but not so much when used.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Its an RT58 with mudguard room and disc mounts.
Toe overlap as standard..
Better with spd-sl but only a little

Top Bottom