Planet X now a Cyclescheme Partner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doyler78

Anybody know if this is true?

It seems that Halfords are no longer able to sell planet x bikes through cycle to work as planet x are now working with Cyclescheme. I have checked the cyclescheme site and I can't see any mention of this in the news section and if I plug in my post code it only gives me my regular list of cyclescheme partner shops.

How would this work as all cyclescheme's previous partner shops are all your LBS that we are all familiar with? I presume you get the choice of all the shops plus a link to a website from which you can planet x.

OP
OP
D

doyler78

I have tried emailing them before and never received a response so couldn't be bothered trying again to receive no response. Just thought someone might know as there are plenty on here who use both cyclescheme and halfords.

RufusA

Über Member
doyler78 said:
Anybody know if this is true?

Planet-x claim it's true, and if you plug *THEIR* postcode in to the cyclescheme site, they pop up:

"DN6 8DD"

Planet X International Ltd (Doncaster)
Unit 11D, Carcroft Enterprise Park, Carcroft, Doncaster, DN6 8DD
Telephone: 01302 724000
www.planet-x-bikes.com
Less than 5 miles (see a map...)

I guess you need to give them a phone call to discuss the mechanics of getting a bike through them, and I am not sure if there are any conditions in the cyclescheme contract they signed that prevents them offering bikes outside of their home patch.

HTH - Rufus.

OP
OP
D

doyler78

Does indeed Rufus. I was plugging in my own postcode. If they are going to open it up to everyone then they need to list Planet X against all postcodes.

Possibly gives me an alternative. I was for buying a focus cayo in April/May as I didn't think I would be able to get a bike that I wanted through cycle to work now this makes it possible to get my full carbon jobby it will be well worth a look then.

caesar

They've moved into titanium now, with their frames made by the founders of Litespeed and only slightly more expensive than their carbon ones. Their on-one arm have also got a few titanium jobs coming out, including a Ti pompino :blush:

Top Bottom