Planet X roubaix winter tights - views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On those - yours are the shorts I think but the 3/4 shorts seem to be built on the same thing - those I think have a pad - can I ask how good the pad is/what sort of ride lengths you do in them?

I have the 3/4s. They're £25 at the moment. I've been using mine for 4 or 5 hour rides and the pad feels good to me. I do feel like the weather's just turning though so it might be longs in the next week or two.

Fantastic value and windproof material on the front too. You can't go wrong.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Fantastic value
Can't argue with that. I paid £50 to £60 donkeys years ago for lots of unpadded tights from the likes of Gore and Pearl Izumi.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another point - A response I think to someone who said that the zip caught their skin.
On reflection I have decided to put the base layer on top of the zip as I have a slight concern that it might do something to the inside of my very nice Altura Varium jacket.
Is this a no no?
Rather puts me in mind of some women pondering where nickers should go in relation to suspenders.

Am a very recent convert to bibs (only taken 20 to 25 years) but I must admit I like them, especially in foul weather. I can see myself using these a lot through the coming autumn and winter.
I tend to put a base layer (a cheap Decathlon short sleeved one) on first, then bib straps over the top, a lightweight jersey, then any jacket which stops any problem with the zip.

Definitely base layer first. That's why it's called a base layer. And how would you answer any calls of nature with clothes over your bibs ? Full length zips on jerseys are a lifesaver.

Top Bottom