Planet X Warehouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

Anyone been on their website?
They have full carbon frame + forks for £400, full carbon deep rimmed wheels for £500, and lightweight alloy wheels for £99!

How come some of their stuff is so cheap?

P.H

Über Member
They're box shifters, factory to you with minimal handling, at the right volume. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're expecting the same level of service as a normal shop you'll be disappointed. I've bought a bit of stuff off them including a Ti frame, it's all been good value.

iLB

Hello there
Sam Kennedy said:
My Dad told me if I win 2 races in a row he will get me a carbon frame.
However... I doubt it :biggrin:

just do your best, you never know eh? could happen in a year or two and you still get a new frame haha!

buddha

Veteran
Another here that's got a fair bit of stuff from them (and on-one). On the single occasion something's gone awry they have been very friendly, helpful and swift to correct the problem.

One issue is that (esp. recently) they've chosen to make some of their frames in yucky (sp?) colours. I'd really like to build a bike on a Kaffenback frame, but not in 'sand':biggrin:

Proto

Legendary Member
P.H said:
............., but if you're expecting the same level of service as a normal shop you'll be disappointed. ..............

Your local bike shops must be better than mine, which are underwhelming to say the least.

I've bought from PX a couple of times and the service has been superb. Good products at a good price and very prompt delivery.

MichaelM

Guru
P.H said:
......... but if you're expecting the same level of service as a normal shop you'll be disappointed..........

I bought a Pompino (full bike) from them, but I wasn't too impressed by the On One canti's. A quick e-mail, and they sent me a set of Shimano canti's, a set of Tektro canti's, and a set of Froggs Legs with a note saying "see which ones you prefer."

Very disappointing indeed!

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Top Bottom