Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

My experience with Planet X
Hi Tom,
Thanks for changing the delivery address much appreciated, I would like to cancel my order and get my money back please.
I orded this bike that was in stock on the 26th of May,
I am riding in the London Nightrider charity this weekend and now I still do not have a bike!
I would like to get my money back so I can go to Halfords and buy the Boardman Pro hybrid so I actually have a bike to ride.
To be honest my whole experiance with Planet X from the start has been a joke!
It doesn't matter if your product is the dogs bollocks if your customer care doesn't match it.
First you change the spec' of the bike putting a cheaper wheelset on with out changing the price of the bike.
Fine you can do that no one is forcing any one to buy it.
No one answered the phones or was replying to emails with questions that I ahd about the bike, which is a big no no for a potential buyer!
I had to get Brant's email from your Facebook page.
I ordered the bike which was in stock and all of a sudden it goes out of stock,

"On 28 May 2013 17:05, Bike Build <bikebuild@planet-x-bikes.com> wrote:
Hello Mark

Thank you for your recent order for an XLS. You may have noticed that the order is currently listed on our website as 'awaiting stock'. We are currently waiting for more stock of SRAM Force components. The stock will be arriving tomorrow and we will be able to build your bike shortly after. You will receive an email shortly with confirmation of your bike's build date.

Regards
Michael"

Get another email with a build date of the 4th of June and guess what, that is today and the bike is still not built!
If I don't get my money back in time to buy another bike it will not only cost me my place in the charity ride which I paid for, I will also have to refund every one who has sponsored me!
If you could refund me as soon as possible please mate I would be gratefull.
Thanks
Mark

Bah!

Ningishzidda

Orbits a brown dwarf star in a binary system with our own sun.
Binary system cycle is 3500 - 3600 Earth years.

ray.m

In my experience Planet X have the worst customer services of all the online bike retailers that I have dealt with. Watch their prices they are all over the place.

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

I had a phone call from Tom today bike has been built and is being delivered tomorrow.
I think they have just got too big too fast.
He did say that they are aware of the customer service issues and are in the process of hiring extra staff.

Orbits a brown dwarf star in a binary system with our own sun.
Binary system cycle is 3500 - 3600 Earth years.
Thanks for that I had to go Google to see if you were making it up or you were into astronomy.

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

Bike arrived (finally) today wow what a revaluation well chuffed!
Hadn't been on a bike since the 18th of May think I went a bit mental and kept going to fast as I was flagging towards the end and my quad's are in bits now.

deanbmx

Über Member
Mine so far is shocking. Ordered a pair of merckx emx5 anatomic carbon bars. Box arrived with the merckx alloy carbon wrap bars. No reply to my email and no answer on the phone all day. Im going in store tomorrow.

deanbmx

Über Member
Well I popped into the Sheffield store today. All is sorted. They explained the mistake and replaced the bars with a set of pro vibe full carbons worth 4 times what I paid. All for the same price. Over the moon is an understatement.

D

Deleted member 20519

Planet X have also been very good to me recently. After receiving the wrong lights, I emailed them and got a reply within 10 minutes and they sent out the correct lights the same day - very good service.

Top Bottom