Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RiflemanSmith

What are people's experiences with them when buying a bike from them?
I can't get through on the phone lines they haven't answered my emails.
I want to buy the XLS CX bike on Tuesday but I want a question answered first.
As it looks like they have changed the wheelset from Reetard to mach 1s, which are £70 cheaper but the prove of the bike is still the same.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
If you can't get through to them now what chance you got if you had a problem, i think i would look elsewhere.

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

If you can't get through to them now what chance you got if you had a problem, i think i would look elsewhere.

I got a personal email address from their Facebook page, emailed them got a reply he is going to find out for me.
They have a sale on so they have higher than normal demand apparently.
I have ordered bits from them before and had no problems just don't want to pay the same price for cheaper wheels, the extra £70 can go on tires and different cassette.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I've ordered a SL carbon off them, and have had cause to ring them a few times about it. Keep trying and you will get through. My build day is Thursday. I am all excited.

I've got the ubiquitous (read : common) stealth carbon TT bike. Took a couple of weeks to come, but that was because I waited for the wheels I wanted (they offered an alternative with a shorter delivery). I'd happily buy another bike from them.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Nothing but good experience from my end.

Bought a RT57, and when I cocked up the spec online they were exceptionally helpful when I rang them... unlike a certain other on-line retailer.

Their prices and specifications do fluctuate quickly however. The bike specs especially seem to move about as they get different stock levels for components.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i use them for spares and that seems ok

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Bait and switch merchants.
farking clueless.
Disinterested.
Lazy.
Rude.

These are all words/phrases I would use to described them/their service based on my few (unsuccessful) attempts to buy things from them. They don't make it easy!

D

Deleted member 20519

In my experience I've found that they're slow to deliver and that they don't reply to customer support emails. I've only ever bought small things like lights, caps, etc from them so I don't know what they're like for bigger things.

simon.r

Person
I've used them (and On-One) lots of time over the years.

One of the reasons they've had so much custom from me over the years has been their excellent service. I still think they're pretty good, but they've become too big to offer the personal touch that they used to be able to.

Excellent value and products IMO and service is as good as, but not significantly better, than most big companies.

grimpeur

Veteran
I had to email and telephone them numerous times to finally get a refund on a frame I ordered but was taking forever to come back into stock. Took around a month after first time of asking.

Top Bottom