PlanetX - calls in the administrators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I would expect the majority of us on this site to have a "main" bike which cost somewhere between £1200 and £3000. And that we expect to last us for quite a few years.

I don’t have a main bike really :scratch:

Didn't you spend over £1k on your use Ti "unicorn" plus a bit changing the group set to suit, which must have been £2-3k bike new in its day depending on build. Which pretty much fits Alex's definition? :whistle:

plus I'm sure you've said you a have decent Spa something or other.

Maybe you were saying you at at least 2 bikes that fit Alex's definition?

vickster

Legendary Member
Didn't you spend over £1k on your use Ti "unicorn" plus a bit changing the group set to suit, which must have been £2-3k bike new in its day depending on build. Which pretty much fits Alex's definition? :whistle:

plus I'm sure you've said you a have decent Spa something or other.

Maybe you were saying you at at least 2 bikes that fit Alex's definition?

I have 6 bikes, none I would class as main bike. 5 of similarish ballpark value new in Alex’s range (🦄 being the cheapest for me, was likely closer to 4k new ;), Brompton was just under £1k too )
If I had to pick one, I’d choose the Genesis ;) but I wouldn’t call any my ‘main’ bike. Depends where I’m going, the conditions but mostly just what I fancy riding that day :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Do you have to pay import duty and/or VAT on top?
That depends what country you're buying from and what is their distribution network.

You can buy, for example, a Sigyei power meter - company HQ in Asia, warehouse in Asia, shipping from there - so on receipt you will pay UK VAT and import duty (no VAT charged at point of purchase). On the other hand you can get Lún wheels - company HQ in Asia, warehouse in UK, shipping from UK - no additional fees. So you need to go into it case by case.

Jody

Stubborn git
I wasn't SHOPPING, I was BROWSING - don't do that! :cursing:

I'll be more wary of following email links if I get a follow up email every time. My inbox is already full with PX offer emails without doubling them.

Hello there,​
We've seen that you've been browsing....
Fancy another look?
Still making up your mind?​

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll be more wary of following email links if I get a follow up email every time. My inbox is already full with PX offer emails without doubling them.

Hello there,​
We've seen that you've been browsing....
Fancy another look?
Still making up your mind?​
Indeed! I get at least one from them every day, and sometimes two. If it were not for the fact that occasionally I see something that I want, I would unsubscribe from their list.

Top Bottom