Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I ordered this,
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXXLSF/planet_x_xls_sram_force_carbon_cyclocross_bike
Basic model as I had budgeted to get the Boardman hybrid pro but changed my mind again at the last minute.

Well thats a bit sexy ! Will be interested to hear your experiences of Planet X and sizing of the bike etc. Have you used Sram before out of interest ?

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

No Shimano apart from my son's bike which doesn't count as it is twist grip, but to be honest it was one of the reasons I chose this bike as I will be upgrading to Sram hydro after I put a set of wheels on it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I ordered this,
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXXLSF/planet_x_xls_sram_force_carbon_cyclocross_bike
Basic model as I had budgeted to get the Boardman hybrid pro but changed my mind again at the last minute.
And very nice looking bike it is too! Your next decision is whether to post the forthcoming pictures on the sexy cyclocross thread or the show us your carbon one.

I recently bought a P-X bike. It arrived promptly and was well set up. I didn't comment on the thread earlier because I've no experience of their after sales people as I haven't needed to. I hope yours comes and goes as well as mine did and does!

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

And very nice looking bike it is too! Your next decision is whether to post the forthcoming pictures on the sexy cyclocross thread or the show us your carbon one.

I recently bought a P-X bike. It arrived promptly and was well set up. I didn't comment on the thread earlier because I've no experience of their after sales people as I haven't needed to. I hope yours comes and goes as well as mine did and does!

I think I would get moaned at if I posted a picture of my bike on the pretty CX bike threads lol.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
No Shimano apart from my son's bike which doesn't count as it is twist grip, but to be honest it was one of the reasons I chose this bike as I will be upgrading to Sram hydro after I put a set of wheels on it.

I have Sram on my road bike and really like it. Let us know how you think it measures up against your Shimano experiences please.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think I would get moaned at if I posted a picture of my bike on the pretty CX bike threads lol.
Well if they can't control their emotions you'd be doing something right at least...:tongue:

Mapster1989

Bought the Pro Carbon from them mid-February time. Was ready to pick up a day earlier than normal and everything went smoothly.

Also bought some SPD pedals from them too which were cheap and are perfectly ok. Only one bad thing was the winter gloves which I bought. To be honest I wasn't expecting much from a pair at £10 but after one ride the 'inner lining' came away from the glove making it impossible to put them on but as I said, for £10 I couldn't really grumble.

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

I have bought stuff from them before no trouble, it was just because of that 10 day sale that they had on.
Bikes is ordered got an email saying that they had run out stock which will arrive tomorrow.
So far good communication.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Here's what I just got.
a2a6ysav.jpg

Swapped out the Planet X wheels almost immediately. Will look for some handlebars with a bit of shape, these too straight for me. Maybe a ti charge spoon (the one on my current bike is brown, so that doesn't match). And is there an alternative to SRAM flat bar shifters? Do Shimano ones have the same cable travel? Because I hate these shifters with a passion.

But apart from that, I like it.

For sale: brand new set Planet X A57 wheels and tyres. Done 3 miles.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have had problems with them when I had to return a wheelset. Their stuff is pretty good but the attention to detail when there is a problem and Customer Service are (in my experience) not good.

Top Bottom