PlanetX Nanolight hillclimb project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looks great, but does he really need a bottle cage? I would have thought that there isn't a hillclimb anywhere in the UK long enough to need to take a drink!

9/10. Lost a mark for not having matching tyres and one for not having matching coloured brakes (red/silver springs) but clawed back a point for the blue QR.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks great, but does he really need a bottle cage? I would have thought that there isn't a hillclimb anywhere in the UK long enough to need to take a drink!

He wants one and it's an 11g Lightweight one, sourced for a fiver. He tends to have a sip part-way then throw the bottle (a team-mate's prepped to catch it).

Losing the stem cap and bolt could save a huge amount 😜

Agreed. It's a 4.7g integrated one.

9/10. Lost a mark for not having matching tyres and one for not having matching coloured brakes (red/silver springs) but clawed back a point for the blue QR.

We tried for red, but the saddle was sold out when he went to purchase so had to go with blue. Having different tyres means he saved about 70g on a pair of Conti Competition ones. And £50 as he found the new front for £12. The blue QR / seatpost clamp / bar colouring were designed to match the saddle he ended up with.

I wanted red but it wasn't my choice. I like black/red bikes hence my Wilier and Raleigh. And my Raleigh track bike that I had, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom