Planetx - Poor Feedback - any recent experiences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Absolutely fine ! Even customer services. They held an order as some stuff was out of stock - I was fine with that, but then as the stock for a couple of items was taking a while, a quick message on support, they sent the in-stock order items (needed them for a bike re-build) then the out of stock stuff arrived a couple of days later when it eventually came in.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Most of the bad reviews seem to be due to lack of stock after the COVID crisis started. I'd wait until things were back to normal before placing an order.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have never had a problem with them and will carry on using them.
But can imagine with the COVID constraints and peoples inability to understand what that entails for businesses I expect they are getting poor reviews.

vickster

Legendary Member
Phone them up to place your order (rather than online), then you can confirm availability there and then :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Never particularly had an issue with them, my only gripe is they always charge carriage, but not sure on a bike.
That's probably how they keep their prices lower, many retailers just build postage into the headline figures so it looks like a deal with free postage/
Looks like PX charge £25 to deliver a bike (even if it's 2k)

OP
OP
G

GrimUpNorth

Looking at the reviews there seem to be plenty not happy with the customer services.

Phone them up to place your order (rather than online), then you can confirm availability there and then :okay:

I must be going mad cause I can't see a number to talk to anyone. I looked here -

https://www.planetx.co.uk/contactus

It also says " Chat facility is on-hand" and I can't see that either.

I got a few bits from then a few weeks ago and they were great

one of the items was a rechargeable light - when charged the led went amber rather than green - I had no idea if this was OK or not - so I contacted the chat facility - their reaction was to just offer me a replacement immediately - which is great service as far as I am concerned!

I will keep them on the list of places to order stuff from

gcogger

I'm not sure whether it's strictly a customer service issue, but I got annoyed with them late last year.
My wife and I had decided to buy a budget turbo trainer, and I ordered a half price one in a sale on PlanetX, on a Sunday evening. I went downstairs to tell my wife, to find she was coming up to tell me she'd just agreed to buy a (better) one on Facebook marketplace! No problem, I thought, I'll cancel the PlanetX order (as is my right) - the order status was still at the earliest stage.
Several problems:
  • There's no way to cancel an order, and sending them a message via the website was the only way to contact them.
  • You have to pay for postage if you return an item for any reason. That costs a small fortune for a turbo trainer!
  • When I finally got in touch with them, they basically said "Tough - you can't cancel an order - you have to wait for it to be delivered then pay to send it back". By then, it had arrived, so was too late. I probably should have rejected the delivery, but I expect getting a refund would have been difficult in that case!
I probably could have contested it, as I'd instructed them to cancel the order way before they were close to shipping it, but it didn't seem worth the hassle. It's put me off using them, though, as they showed no flexibility and, frankly, I don't appreciate the attitude of "Don't care - those are the rules".

They used to be very poor at replying to emails with basic queries - which I sometimes had to send as their product descriptions are quite often poor or plain contradictory. Used the chat a while ago and that was better.
They really do need to sort their webpage - a fair bit of it continues to look like it was subbed by folks just back from the pub.
Never had any problems as such with any orders so can't judge how good they are at resolving those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom