Planning a route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Where is your route ... an option I use (ok not open to everyone) is Memory Map - year before's Christmas pressent. It has a 3D mapping option which allows me to avoid going up and down a hill when I can go round.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
mrben said:
FWIW, that's not quite true - the centre of Glasgow has had a grid system for a number of years before Milton Keynes came into existence, although it is on a slightly different scale.
Actually it is true. I didn't say that it was the only place with a grid layout, I said that it was the only one that I'd been to.

Hairy Jock said:
You should get out more, try the New Town in Edinburgh or Ullapool, as two examples off the top of heid, and there a lot better places to live than Milton Keynes...:rolleyes:
And... I didn't say that I lived in Milton Keynes, and I certainly didn't say that I liked it there, quite the opposite in fact! I only go there because its railway station is a convenient place for me to be picked up by my sister on her way home from work. And she doesn't live there either...:smile:

I'd love to get up to Edinburgh some time, but I'm not a fan of grid layouts so I wouldn't be there looking for them. I'd be more interested in the castle and the Forth bridge.

Ullapool sounds like a nice place, but before now I'd never thought of going there. I have family in the Oban area so I'm sure to visit the west coast of Scotland again. I want to visit Skye and I fancy tackling Bealach na Ba on my bike so perhaps I'll venture a bit further north as well to take in Ullapool, maybe when the guitar festival is taking place.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ColinJ said:
Ullapool sounds like a nice place, but before now I'd never thought of going there. I have family in the Oban area so I'm sure to visit the west coast of Scotland again. I want to visit Skye and I fancy tackling Bealach na Ba on my bike so perhaps I'll venture a bit further north as well to take in Ullapool, maybe when the guitar festival is taking place.

One of my most memorable evenings was sitting on the dockwall in Ullapool, with my Mum, eating fish and chips, watching the Stornaway ferry load up, including a large number of HGVs with ready made timber roof frames on them - not many trees on Lewis...

And then half an hour later, in our B and B, watching the ferry glide by up the loch, all lit up in the dark...

Oh, and there was the aeroplane - Spirit of St Louis. So many fuel tanks, to get her over the Atlantic, that Lindbergh had to see out with a Periscope...

mrben

FWIW I used to live in Milton Keynes as a kid, and I loved it. And now I live in Glasgow - maybe I have a strange attraction to grid-layouts ;)

Top Bottom