Planning for next trip away- Whats yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shirokazan

Veteran
Joe said:
I've only done one tour (Lejog) but I've totally got the bug and can't stop daydreaming about being on the road!

I've enjoyed reading your account on CGOAB so far. When are you going to get the next instalment done? Sorry, I'm very impatient.;)

Back on topic, off for a four day jaunt around Cornwall next week, then next month a six-day trip through Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.

Then it will be lying low for winter before hitting the road next March/April but not sure where yet. Maybe home to St Davids via south Wales and then back home via mid Wales. Or maybe up to bonny Scotland for a bit of west coast, pre-midge action.

Joe

Über Member
shirokazan said:
I've enjoyed reading your account on CGOAB so far. When are you going to get the next instalment done? Sorry, I'm very impatient.:blush:
Thanks!;)
It may take a while but it will get done eventually! I'll try for a couple more days worth this weekend...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just had an idea to cycle back from our weekend in the Peak District next week. It's onle germ but I've got the okay from Mrs rich p who'll have to drive back to go to work. She's a diamond!
I've got somewhere to stay in the London area but I'll need an interim stop somewhere.

ASC1951

Guru
Cathryn said:
Do you think it's possible to pull a baby trailer up Ventoux? I love the idea...
Yes, certainly. A friend of mine has just done it from Sault on his hand-cranked recumbent and is talking about the 'all three routes in a day' challenge next year; and you will have the excuse of regular inspections of the cargo.

BTW, another friend has moved out there to create a little B&B/painting/walking establishment which is very handy for Ventoux. It even has its own modest outdoor pool so you could float gently to and fro afterwards, breathing in the lavender. I have his website address somewhere if anyone is interested.

My own next trip is Mallorca in October. Not particularly exotic, but still one of the best destinations for cycling/gorge-bashing/mountain walks.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Right Kirstie...we're on for next summer. I need something to aim towards!! You, me and the sprog in his trailer!!

ASC - can you email me your friend's details? That sounds awesome!!! I did some floating in a pool in the south of France last week but the photo was hilarious, I literally looked like a whale. So some non-whale floating would be much appreciated!!!

Cathryn said:
Right Kirstie...we're on for next summer. I need something to aim towards!! You, me and the sprog in his trailer!!

It's a deal!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:

If you do that, I'll come and hearby offer to carry his nappy bag for you. Mond you, you might hav to wait a week for me at the top....

With regard to trips, I have a weekend in Wooler coming up in October, day rides with a group, not a tour. And next summer should be another recumbent trip through France. And after that, I dunno, but I'd like to save up and have a properly long wander through Europe. A tiny voice at the back of my head says "and never come back", but I'm trying not to listen to it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's turning nto quite a cyclechat ladies trip!! Me, the sprog, Kirstie, Arch....let's all go. We can all head up Ventoux at our various speeds and drink hot chocolate at the top. After the champagne!!!

ASC1951

Guru
Cathryn said:
ASC - can you email me your friend's details?
Certainly Cathryn. He is called Les Watkins. A couple of years ago he decided he had enough of doing important things with other people's money for one of the banks, so he and his wife sold up and headed south to do important things with their own lives. I'm not sure whether he cycles, but I have been up mountains and down caves with him for years and he is a good lad.

The location is very handy for Ventoux, but there are several excellent circuits to be had around and over the Signal de Lure as well. Here's the website. www.colourdimensions.com

..and the pool does look very tempting.

Top Bottom