Planning for next trip away- Whats yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
I am planning a trip to or from Vienna (Brastislava for the plane) and Rottadam/Amsterdam. Various routes available but looking at Via Luxenbourg and Basel route so hitting Belgium, France, Germany Switerland,Austria & slovakia.

Would loved to continue on to the Black sea but i think that will have to wait for another year.

So whats you plans for the next big getaway.

Mark

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think my next one will be a week in the Netherlands in the Spring unless I can wangle a solo effort before that.

My aim is for a 2-month trip next summer from the Baltic coast to the Black Sea via Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria... fingers crossed it actually happens!

S

I'm planning a little jaunt around south east Australia this December and January.

Cycling from Sydney to Melbourne, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and back to Sydney.

I plan on visiting the cricket Test grounds in each city, too.

I've got my visa, just need to book the flight and make my final purchases.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
I'm planning a little jaunt around south east Australia this December and January.

Cycling from Sydney to Melbourne, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and back to Sydney.

I plan on visiting the cricket Test grounds in each city, too.

I've got my visa, just need to book the flight and make my final purchases.

Nice one Dayvo. They've got Pakistan, Windies at some point this winter. It'd be nice to see one-dayer maybe.
My B-in-L lives in Sydney if you need a drinking companion!

darkstar

LEJOG next June, although after todays ride into the headwind it seems a long way off yet!
Trip round Aus sounds awesome!

rich p said:
Nice one Dayvo. They've got Pakistan, Windies at some point this winter. It'd be nice to see one-dayer maybe.
My B-in-L lives in Sydney if you need a drinking companion!

Thanks, Rich!

Yeah but I don't think my route will coincide with a Test match! Although that WON'T stop me stopping for a day's play at a country pub, having a skinfull of beers and watching it on TV having a bite to eat and a glass of water and watching an over or two! ;)

That could be fun meeting youe B-in-L; I'll keep you posted (and best warn him of an iminent-ish arrival! ;)

darkstar said:
Trip round Aus sounds awesome!

Yep, but it's seems to be a case of make or break!

There's lots of snakes and spiders, LONG lorry trains, HOT weather, melting asphalt, and anti-English natives! ;)

Good luck with the preparation for your trip.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Dayvo, that sounds amazing, but the spiders would freak me out. Apparently you can get this spray that freezes the buggers so you can smash them to pieces. Hideous - I'd have to carry it everywhere with me.

My next tour? Realistically the Netherlands after April with the new baby in his Spandex sourced trailer. Looks like the Netherlands is going to be busy with cyclechatters come Spring! It's a fab country.

Do you think it's possible to pull a baby trailer up Ventoux? I love the idea...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
Dayvo, that sounds amazing, but the spiders would freak me out. Apparently you can get this spray that freezes the buggers so you can smash them to pieces. Hideous - I'd have to carry it everywhere with me.

My next tour? Realistically the Netherlands after April with the new baby in his Spandex sourced trailer. Looks like the Netherlands is going to be busy with cyclechatters come Spring! It's a fab country.

Do you think it's possible to pull a baby trailer up Ventoux? I love the idea...

Yes but I'm not sure if Richard is up to towing you and the babe up there!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Nothing too fancy from me,i am planning my first camping/cycle trip to Penzance to meet up with the wife and kids for our holiday down there.Keep reading up snippets of advice from the regulars and i am looking forward to it even though everyone around me thinks i'm mad !...only 300 and bit miles i keep telling myself !

Joe

Über Member
I've only done one tour (Lejog) but I've totally got the bug and can't stop daydreaming about being on the road!
I have four weeks off in the summer and am aiming to do a big loop through France, hitting some Tour cols on the way. Long term I'm dreaming of an extended world tour:ohmy: Just need to qualify and then work for a few years to save some money.

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Joe said:
Long term I'm dreaming of an extended world tour:ohmy: Just need to qualify and then work for a few years to save some money.

Me also but the Misses would never understand, should her going on about me having 10 days for myself :@ she's about the only thing stopping me now sometimes think it might just be worth the cost :biggrin:

Sp4kym4n

Top Bottom