Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Dayvo said:
Either way I'm sure you;ll have fun...

Revised plans..even better. Mrs Noodley and I shall now be heading out together on Sunday. Once she has returned from her horse we shall be going for a pootle...on her "new" bike which was acquired earlier this week for a bargain price. Much better than going out on my own or on a club run. :angry:

Which is only fair as Mrs Noodley was the one who got me into cycling to start when she was working in Holland (when it was annexed as part of Scotland..)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Morning ride plans thwarted by Mrs F arranging for me (without me knowing, duh) to go to neighbour's house at 10.30am, dismantle a huge desk, bring it to ours, and leave it in bits in the hallway while we clear away all the other junk she's cadged over the years to make room for the damn thing... brilliant weather for cycling too, so going to squeeze in a ride this pm.... :smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Spent Saturday with Family walking on the beach eating pizza and stuff. Just going to give the bike a once over for the Club run in the morning.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, fast/quick 10 on saturday due to time constraints and hospital visits to see my MIL, but had a great 45 miles today - on the road by 8.30am....

Left Stockport and headed for hilly Buxton. On the long drag out of Hazel Grove up to Disley, a lad from Wills Wheels on a very nice Scott Carbon passed me (just) as the drag started. I decided not to chase but to keep to my pace as I was only 4 miles into the ride. He didn't get away, as I stayed about 100 yards behind... as the road leveled out through Disley, I decided to go and catch him - 27 MPH steady speed on the flat, and he jumped in for a tow for the next 4 miles or so.... We passed a couple of blokes that had just joined the road, so I shouted a cheery "hello" .... nothing back - the fella on my wheel shouted that he probably couldn't hear us as we flew past....... He did say cheers as we parted company at the Chapel by-pass roundabout as I turned for Long Hill.

Took me a couple of miles to get my legs back together for Long Hill after the fast blast on the flat. Passed a couple of fellas on the climb and dropped into Buxton....sh!t that road is bad as you come into the town .....

Then right and off for the Cat. Slight headwind all the way up, got passed by loads of lazy gits on their big motorbikes..... then for the descent - not very quick as there was a headwind. Slowed at one point to check a guy that had just got off his bike on the climb was OK - he was fine - decided to take photos.

Speeds picked up after the lumpy section in the middle of the Cat, and I outran a car through the last 4 or five hairpins before dropping into Macc.

At the lights, I was sure I spotted Mark Lovatt - we let on ! Then I headed for the last 12 miles home ....

45 miles in 2.25 with the HR above 160 for 2 hours of that.....hmmm think I went a bit quick..... home before 11am !

Just tried trimming some of the hedge at home - nothing left in my arms could hardly hold the shears....

Top Bottom