Plans for the weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine starts tomorrow, so I'll get my post in early! :wacko:

Flying to Tampere (Finland) tomorrow morning to take part in this

http://www.pirkankierros.fi/indexpy1.html - don't try and read it, it'll make your eyes water! ;)

A 134 km night ride, starting at 21.00. My mate did it in about five and a half hours last year, and I promised him I'd do it with him this year! Borrowing a bike, but I'm taking my pedals and saddle.

Apart from tiredness, the biggest problem I anticipate will be resisting the temptation to drink lots of vodka, and the billions of mosquitoes that 'patrol' there. :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very good - enjoy.........

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Mine started last Friday:evil: The joys of being off school, but i did go in today for an hour' an half.
This weekend i will be washing the bike, going on the club ride( was going to do the saturday one which is faster but i'm waiting till next week when my cold will be gone, hopefully) so will be out on the club ride on Sunday. Saturday might go out for a quick spin depending on weather and how the cold is.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm off tomorrow too Dayvo but nothing as exciting as you planned. I'm waiting in (am only, I hope) for the them to come and fit new gas and electric meters. Whoopee!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
rich p said:
I'm off tomorrow too Dayvo but nothing as exciting as you planned. I'm waiting in (am only, I hope) for the them to come and fit new gas and electric meters. Whoopee!

Exciting eh........... you'll be in all day, and they will turn up at 5.00pm....sods law.........

Noodley

Finish work on Friday then drive to Portmahomack to "sleep" (lie awake in discomfort, listening to snoring) on a hard village hall floor. Then on Saturday I shall be getting up early (after no sleep) and riding the Durness Duress 300km audax. On Sunday I shall drive home.

domd1979

Veteran
Fitting new speedometers to some Class 20 locomotive devices amongst other jobs that need doing on them this weekend, barbecue Sat night (!) for which I'm fetching 18 pints of Top Totty from Slaters Brewery tomorrow, more tinkering with locos Sunday.

longers

Legendary Member
P.S I meant to say - have a good ride Dayvo and report back. Hope your peddles don't fall off :sad:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Getting my hair done and then ruining it under a helmet on a ride somewhere round Yorkshire. Dying to get back on the bike after a week back in the office!!

And then going to see Sex and the City the Movie somewhat belatedly. Seriously cannot wait. And then going for cocktails.

Keith Oates

Janner
Saturday will be the last day out with the 'lads' in Manila, so ride in the morning, clean the C40 in the afternoon and return to Vietnam on Sunday to start work again on Monday morning. Why are holidays so short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom