plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Joe24 said:
:eek:
How early!!!!

Joe, never ever ever think about riding an audax event. If you think that's early, you'd never manage setting off at 5am or 6am for a 300km or 400km....or 600km come to think of it! :blush:

Noodley

Anyway:
Saturday is shopping for shoes/boots for the Noodlettes. And maybe lunch out.

Sunday will be club run. And possibly visiting the horse if I can be arsed, but I'd rather sit on my arse.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Noodley said:
Joe, never ever ever think about riding an audax event. If you think that's early, you'd never manage setting off at 5am or 6am for a 300km or 400km....or 600km come to think of it! ;)

:eek:
I could do that though, easy, no problem:becool:

bonj2

Noodley said:
Anyway:
Saturday is shopping for shoes/boots for the Noodlettes. And maybe lunch out.

Sunday will be club run. And possibly visiting the horse if I can be arsed, but I'd rather sit on my arse.

I'd much rather sit on my arse than visit a horse, or sit on a horse's arse for that matter.

bonj2

Headgardener said:
Perhaps I'm being thick bonj but whats a rear headlight?

rear of a vehicle has 3 pairs of lights: brake lights, head lights, indicators - and 2 which are either single or pairs: reversing light, fog light. If you take the lens cover off you can see that they are separate bulbs - a lot of people think that the brake lights are the same lights as the headlights but just brighter, but they'r not, they're separate.
The rack duplicates these on its lighting board which is necessary as the rack and the bike obscure the car's own lights and reg - and on mine, it's the nearside rear head light which has gone - all the other lights are fine.
The brake lights and fog light(s) are typically brighter than the headlights.
Get it?

Noodley

bonj said:
I'd much rather sit on my arse than visit a horse, or sit on a horse's arse for that matter.

Me too.

Which is why I said that's what I'd rather do...;)

Noodley

bonj said:
rear of a vehicle has 3 pairs of lights: brake lights, head lights, indicators - and 2 which are either single or pairs: reversing light, fog light.

I see a whole new "bonj logic" thread in the offing....;)

Keith Oates

Janner
bonj said:
rear of a vehicle has 3 pairs of lights: brake lights, head lights, indicators - and 2 which are either single or pairs: reversing light, fog light. If you take the lens cover off you can see that they are separate bulbs - a lot of people think that the brake lights are the same lights as the headlights but just brighter, but they'r not, they're separate.
The rack duplicates these on its lighting board which is necessary as the rack and the bike obscure the car's own lights and reg - and on mine, it's the nearside rear head light which has gone - all the other lights are fine.
Get it?

Somebody has to say it to find out what the thinking is. Bonj, the rear lights seem to be missing on your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheddy

Legendary Member
TheDoctor said:
Off to the Alps!
We were going on Eurostar and TGV till the unfortunate thing in the Tunnel, but now it'll be a trip to Luton for one of Easyjet's finest.
Oh goody...
Will Rose Archer be going this time ? Why not just take the Tardis ?

gavintc said:
Should see you tomorrow at the Commie Pool. My wife and I are planning on doing the run in the morning. Which ride are you planning on doing. I will be on the 9.40, I think my wife will do the 9.45.

On Sun, I take my son back to uni in Newcastle.
I didn't make it :biggrin::biggrin:, it turned into a bit of a session last night and whilst I 75% OK and woke up with plenty of time, I don't think I'd coped with the club run. Pitty it looks a nice day out there.

gavintc

Guru
HLaB said:
I didn't make it :biggrin::biggrin:, it turned into a bit of a session last night and whilst I 75% OK and woke up with plenty of time, I don't think I'd coped with the club run. Pitty it looks a nice day out there.

We were the same. Went out for a nice meal, had a bottle of wine between us, had a pint on the way home and then had a couple of nightcaps. Neither of us felt like getting ourselves moving this morning. So, we are just contemplating getting ourselves onto the bikes for a couple of hours. :biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
There was a strikingly good looking girl out last night and I asked her where she was from. "I'm half Sicilian, half Persian and half Pakistani" she told me! Still, with looks like hers, she probably doesn't need to use her brain too much.

Top Bottom