Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

fossyant said:
So about 90 mins......argh.......I can do 30 mins on a turbo before I die of boredom !

an hour is my current limit vefore the fixed's saddle become unbearable/I get bored out of my wits - only did half an hour today as I am riding tomoz and racing on sun.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Going to get our first look and couch of the 10 day old baby Hollie Amelia (Niece) in South Wales.

Bloody weather though! :sad:

Come home Sunday and settle my nerves from the aquaplanes with a curry :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's a lovely day here, but there is a very blustery cold wind. I'm going for a walk soon instead of getting the bike out of its winter storage. Maybe I'll get a ride in over the next week? This is the longest I've had off the bike for years - tomorrow will be 7 weeks! xx(

colly

Re member eR
Up before the birds this morning. Rode out to Selby and back via Sherburn mostly in the dark. Nice but got drenched coming through Wistow so the return 20 was cold and damp.xx(

I wasn't the only one out early either. Passed another cyclist coming the other way near Gateforth. If you happen to read this..........hi......I didn't get a chance to greet you this morning, TBH I didn't realise it was a bike until we had passed.

Oh and my mrs and I are off to go swimming naked this evening.:ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Young Un said:
an hour is my current limit vefore the fixed's saddle become unbearable/I get bored out of my wits - only did half an hour today as I am riding tomoz and racing on sun.

Doh......... I read 30 miles, not 30 mins......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My day was a bit of a mix up........ car didn't get MOT'ed as one of the blokes didn't turn up, so it will have to expire and be next week - no big deal.

Then went and bought a load of books for the kids using the book tokens from a friend, my son is into Mr Gum....., off to Decathlon, spent my Xmas vouchers and more on some bib tights and an Abus Bordo (backup when not at my usual workplace)..... got a free HRM from Decathlon also....:biggrin: - I've given that to my wife...

Off to park with the kids, then off to the 'book token friend' to fix their PC - only a 5 min job..phew.... tea ready now to pop in oven.

I think I'll be cleaning the bike tomorrow. I'm glad I decided to go out for a ride today, the weather was actually quite good but within an hour of me getting home the wind has really got up and its looking miserable out there now, I'm glad I can look at it from behind a window.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
ColinJ said:
It's a lovely day here, but there is a very blustery cold wind. I'm going for a walk soon instead of getting the bike out of its winter storage. Maybe I'll get a ride in over the next week? This is the longest I've had off the bike for years - tomorrow will be 7 weeks! :biggrin:

I was off bikes for over twenty years....

My recent gap of five weeks was the longest since taking up cycling again five years ago. I was quite aprehensive about doing last weekend's audax at Thorne but it proved to be a breeze in every sense of the word.

Hope the wind drops for tomorrow's DIY audax.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
vernon said:
I was off bikes for over twenty years....
I had a 20 year break too. My bike was pinched from the school bike sheds (remember them? :biggrin:) when I was 13 and I didn't get another one until I was 33 (1989 - inspired by watching Greg Lemond win the Tour de France).

I saw a few cyclists while I was out on my walk and it reminded me how much I've been missing riding my bike so I'll definitely get a ride in soon. I think another spell of bad weather is forecast, but if there is a decent dry spell around lunchtime over the next few days I'll get out and do 25-30 miles.

Top Bottom