Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Clean out the kitchen for a bit of renovation. Perhaps look at a second hand steel framed racer, still not decided on that one. If the warm weather keeps up go for a 40 mile ride to either Notts or the Peaks.

You working Longers or are you off somewhere exciting?

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
You working Longers or are you off somewhere exciting?

Not working :biggrin:, it took some doing but we eventually persuaded the customer that it can wait till next week.

Playing at riding fixed instead :biggrin:

marinyork

longers said:
Not working :biggrin:, it took some doing but we eventually persuaded the customer that it can wait till next week.

Ah you have a 3rd bike then? What's your opinion on steel?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
longers said:

Spill the beans then.......

Probably off to the library for a stack of books for the kids - my son of 8 has a bit of an appetite for them at the moment - shame he can't be bothered with school work or homework - he's been bringing some home as he's been taking too long.....

Then off to a book shop to spend some book vouchers from a friend for both kids.

Wife working sat, car in for MOT, then maybe a bike ride, oh and fix a friends PC......

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
Ah you have a 3rd bike then? What's your opinion on steel?

No, a 6th :biggrin: 3 rideable and three need fettling. Others know a lot more than me about frame materials.

What's this bike you're going to mull over like? Looking at it won't do any harm will it?

No.1 son off to his first footy match for a few years after re-joining a team. That'll be me stomping up and down the touchline trying to stay warm.

domd1979

Veteran
Testing multiple working equipment on a loco tomorrow, dissertation on Sunday. Probably a curry from Codnor Sat evening. That's about it.

marinyork

longers said:
No, a 6th :biggrin: 3 rideable and three need fettling. Others know a lot more than me about frame materials.

What's this bike you're going to mull over like? Looking at it won't do any harm will it?

It's a some kind of racer/tourer/audax. It has drops, I think it has 25 tyres on it. It was the persons old good bike but they've now spent an obscene amount on a sportive bike :biggrin:. So I don't expect it to be bad at all. Just mulling over really as I think that's the cheapest sensible option. A specialized roubaix is a lot more money and getting 17mm internal decent wheels for the hybrid just seems like a lot of money vs how much it cost in the first place. So this opportunity sounds good as long as the bike fits.

mondobongo

Über Member
Nights tonight onto days Saturday leaves just little old Sunday, was planning on getting a ride in but looking like I am going to be too busy holding on grimly as the wind tries to blow us away.

Top Bottom