Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
yep, told Jnr we would go for a ride tomorrow, but given the forecast and the fact the weather has gone mad in the last hour, I think it might be stay in, stay warm and a couple of games on the Wii.

gavintc

Guru
HLaB said:
Oh well my first plans (club run) didn't happen, I couldn't be bothered with the wind but other than that the weather looks fine. When I get my act together I think I'll head out for a while; afterall I'm sitting here in my cycling kit.

I did not see you at the Commie Pool this morning. It was a good day for a club run - gusty but not too bad. I sat in a largish group of around 20 and enjoyed the spin out.

Went out riding yesterday for 40 miles in another howling gale - I was juts at the end of a cold so it was fairly sedate. I had the option to go mtbing today, but instead I've stayed in to mend the front brake on my downhill bike...

Feeling quite depressed, actually, so I'm trying to get to the bottom of it.

TVC

Just going to see off an Xmas pud we had left over, then I'm off to bother Bruntingthorpe and the other villages of south Leicestershire for a couple of hours.

I put my first entry onto cyclogs on Friday so I'm going to have to get on with some miles or I'll languish on the last page of the leaderboard :biggrin:

iGaz

Wanted to go out yesterday morning as it was still and dry, but we had to go and buy a new power shower and dishwasher. Got back about lunchtime and installed the shower and the new dishwasher, finished that about mid afternoon, by which time the wind was howling off the sea. So a trip to Boots and M+S for some extra bits and bobs.

thought about going out today, but the Hail/Rain/Thunderstorms etc coming off the sea every 20 minutes is putting me off, so off to Tesco for a food shop.

Allthough it has brightened up a bit now, but there is a Rock n Roll bed ending on Ebay soon that I want for my van, so it is looking like a bike free weekend for me!!!!

Flew back from Gran Canaria to Oslo yesterday. :biggrin:

Flying from Oslo to Stansted today (now), heading to Norfolk for the week. :biggrin:

Also hope to plan my next trip: I have 6 weeks at my disposal. :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yesterday i was working.
Today i went out to do the route of the Reliability ride that the bike club im in is going to be doing, with a few other people.
Chain came off on the fixed while i was doing about 30mph, then about 5miles later, it came off again. Luckily it didnt make the back wheel lock.
So for the rest of the day im going to be taking appart the the fixed. Im getting a new fixed frame soon, so ill be getting the stuff from the fixed to go onto it.
Then looking at how much to turn the old fixed(daffodil) into a TT bike:thumbsup:

Dave5N

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Yesterday i was working.
Today i went out to do the route of the Reliability ride that the bike club im in is going to be doing, with a few other people.
Chain came off on the fixed while i was doing about 30mph, then about 5miles later, it came off again. Luckily it didnt make the back wheel lock.
So for the rest of the day im going to be taking appart the the fixed. Im getting a new fixed frame soon, so ill be getting the stuff from the fixed to go onto it.
Then looking at how much to turn the old fixed(daffodil) into a TT bike:thumbsup:

Is that the Long Eaton one?

gavintc

Guru
HLaB said:
That was a good Forecast I got out for a pleasant 46 miler (a bit windy) and it was only near home the weather started to change for the worse, fortunately I made it home before all hell broke out.

I made the mistake of waiting too long before going out for a spin. Got out to Winchburgh before the rain started, turned for home and we both had a soggy return journey back into town. we both forgot our rain jackets and were quite damp and cold when we finally got back home. Still, it was a decent run for a slow Sunday. Just finished cleaning 3 bikes and got them ready for another week. :headshake:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I completed my 100km ride having faffed about and not starting the ride until 11:00. The weather was mostly fine and the wind not too strong untill the last hour of the ride when it became hard work to complete the last 15km towards Wetherby from Boroughbridge.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No ride - bit of DIY - replaced the shower head rail (been knackerd ages) and also fitted an additional lock to the garage door (now has 3) (neighbour has had a break in - although he just had the standard locks)...might just keep a certain fella on 'ere from getting my Ribble....:headshake:;)

Top Bottom