1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plans for the weekend?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 14 Dec 2007.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Much on?

2. Ghost Donkey

Ghost Donkey Guest

Putting my new ground anchor into the floor in the side passage so I can lock my bike up outside of the shed ready for commuting again asap :smile:. That and filming my four year old daughter playing an angel in some kind of Greek nativity play.

3. barq

barq Senior Member

Quiet night in tonight - but that is an excuse to cook something elaborate and time-consuming. :biggrin: Tomorrow I'll be out on the MTB in the morning. Then in the afternoon I'll be having some axe and chainsaw fun in the garden (not a psychopathic rampage but cutting up wood). Then I'm going clubbing 'til very late so I suspect Sunday will be a bit of a write-off. :smile:

4. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

Very lazy, and it's the company annual do on saturday - all drinks free. Last year the Works Manager was 'asleep' by 10, no staying power. This year fancy dress is optional, so me and Mrs C are going as the miserable gits who wouldn't dress up.

5. I think Ive retired the summer bike so Saturday morning I'll take Sirrus (flat bar road bike) out on a club run. Its my sisters b'day, so its there on Saturday night. Sunday I'll probably start my Christmas shopping.

6. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I'm thinking of going to the Manchester art gallery on Saturday, as I haven't explored it as yet. I'm doing some writing, as I'm hoping to join a writer's workshop on Tuesday nights, so need something to get into enough shape that it can be torn apart by some contemporaries.
    Then dinner party on Saturday night with a couple of friends, at which I'll watch some comedy and drink some drinks. Sunday I am not going on the club run, as I can't be bothered, but shall perhaps be in the library.
    A deeply boring weekend in all, then.

7. might go to the wetlands centre, depends on the weather. there's little in the way of job applications to do, so i'll have a weekend off from that.

8. ash68

ash68 New Member

work for me in ther morning:sad:. Putting the xmas tree and deccies up in the afternoon:smile:. Sunday out on the bike for a nice ride in the cold, crisp frosty air:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

was meant to be at work's do tonight (free food, booze, entertainment, cab home) but have got a horrible cough and i feel shite to boot (not helped, i imagine, by my commute today). so i'm sat here in front of the mac posting on this forum and loading the ipod i'm getting for christmas. :smile:

10. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Going to get my new bike :smile:
    So i have got the stuff i want to put on from my old bike ready to go on the new one.

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

One of my mates fly in from Australia today :smile: He is staying with his parents tonight then travelling up tomorrow for 2 days of beer. Then he leaves again. :biggrin:

I ain't seen him since July 2006 (we met up for 2 nights then as well) and I imagine I shall have as little recollection of events this time as I do from then :smile: I have taken Monday off work.

12. Tomorrow, I'm going to present an invoice for a job I did last year at this time (don't ask!:smile: ) and Sunday I might try for a gentle roll around Richmond Park and see the trees in a different way, before jousting with the inevitable shopping people in their massive vehicles, negotiating the swampy rutted tracks of Richmond town centre :biggrin:

13. trio25

trio25 Über Member

Tomorrow I'm going on an mtb ride in the peaks then on sunday I'm doing a track taster at the velodrome and then heading out for a curry.

14. Plax

Plax Veteran

Saturday I have an early start with a training course I've arranged. People better turn up or heads will roll! Then it is the Xmas party. Free dinner and subsidised bar (£1 a drink). Can't wait. Because I don't drink anymore as a matter of preference, I can get pissed really easy. Last year I was wasted after about £3, and spend the evening dancing like a muppet, was great fun.
    Sunday I intend on staying in bed for as long as possible.

15. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

In Cheddar they put a huge star of David on the top lip of the quarry, so tomorrow me and the kids are going to get up early and walk to it, then have breakfast in the cafe at Shipham. By the time we get back MrsMaggot should have got rid of her hangover from her Running Club christmas do tonight. She had better had, I'm off on the mtb tomorrow pm.

Sunday is an orienteering event, the Christmas one. I just hope that no-one hurts themselves, I'm on 1st Aid duty for the first 1 & 1/2 hours;)