Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rhythm Thief said:
I will. What's your new lens, by the way? I got a Sigma 15 - 30 mm zoom for christmas which I'm finding all sorts of uses for.

my new one is also an old one... used to have it on my old olympus film camera... luckily you can get a different adaptor to allow it to fit any camera. it's a tamron 500mm mirror lens. i'm looking forward to the dounghnut rings in the background that they produce.

15-30 or 300? 15 will produce nice wide angle views, my lowest is 18 and that gives some lovely perspectives with a good sky.

oooooooooh, nice! i like the sweep of wide lenses. i've often hankered for a fisheye.

i see you like symmetry. the boats pics are very nice.

if you'd have got a pentax digital you could have used your old lenses. i have a k100d.

laurence said:
oooooooooh, nice! i like the sweep of wide lenses. i've often hankered for a fisheye.

i see you like symmetry. the boats pics are very nice.

if you'd have got a pentax digital you could have used your old lenses. i have a k100d.

Cheers. Oddly enough, the Nikon digital came first, then someone gave me the Pentax afterwards. But I did consider a Pentax digital, both my dad and my brother use them and they're excellent cameras.
Do you post your photos anywhere? I'd like to see them.

Rhythm Thief said:
Cheers. Oddly enough, the Nikon digital came first, then someone gave me the Pentax afterwards. But I did consider a Pentax digital, both my dad and my brother use them and they're excellent cameras.
Do you post your photos anywhere? I'd like to see them.

they're on flickr... i put everything there, even the mistakes as my laptop is full and it's the only way to see them properly www.flickr.com/laurencea

the pentax is darn fine and the shake reduction is a great feature. i'm still getting the hang of it, but can't find any faults. being able to fit any lens with a K mount is handy too.

got-to-get-fit

Working all weekend and in between trying to study for Diploma exams on 22nd of January........oh and sh**ing myself as well

mondobongo

Über Member
Working Saturday afternoon, Staff Xmas Party on the night meaning will be good for nothing Sunday and hoping to get out on a ride Monday.

simonali

Guru
Arguing mostly it would seem. I ordered some flowers for the missus and for them to arrive today. She has arranged for us to go to her parents. The flowers were supposed to be a surprise and now she's got the big 'ump coz she wants to leave and I have to stay here coz my mystery parcel hasn't turned up yet. All the while I'm thinking I wish I hadn't wasted the fookin' money!!

And relax.

On the wildlife tip, there's a nice wetland area near where I live called Langford Lakes. Found these (5) pics googling it for more info.

http://photos.jibble.org/LangfordLakes

It's a nice place to cycle to, as once you're out of town the lane that takes you there looks like this:

roadri2.jpg

It really is that empty, as well. To go from just outside Warminster to Wilton along this road is about 18 miles or so, I'd guess and I saw about 5 or 6 (moving) cars in that distance. Lots of village pubs along there, too. Bliss it was!

Top Bottom