Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers, Laurence! Slimbridge is an interesting place. I liked the flamingoes (very photogenic, although I didn't actually manage to get any good ones:blush:) and mrs RT liked the lapwings (she starts a new job tomorrow as Lapwing Project Officer with the RSPB).

Rhythm Thief said:
Cheers, Laurence! Slimbridge is an interesting place. I liked the flamingoes (very photogenic, although I didn't actually manage to get any good ones:blush:) and mrs RT liked the lapwings (she starts a new job tomorrow as Lapwing Project Officer with the RSPB).

what a great job! lapwings are lovely. the flock at the london centre kept going up, but for no reason - usually it's because there's a bird of prey. i took 340+ pics... some were even in focus! it was time to play with the new lens. managed to snap coots fighting in the water and a little grebe catching a fish. i also added a few more to my reed collection - they look lovely with the sun on them.

col

Legendary Member
It was cow green,that i came to like lapwings,always seemed plenty around.

and you can get a lot closer to the birds... especially flamingos... or coots fighting

2188267206_4c7ec4ab57.jpg

they need a lot of managing... very demanding birds.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not so much plans for the weekend, but carried along by it. :sad:;)
Bouzouki music night in Cyprus...absolutely awesome..traditional music, singing, dancing, food that just kept coming and drink....got back to hotel at 03.30.
Up at 09.30 for breakfast and straight out to finalise a few work related issues.
REAL cypriot food for lunch, kindly offered by family of my colleague.
Airport and the inevitable delays...landed at Heathrow at 21.00...home at 23.30.
Today....nothing. Nothing at all cept Sunday lunch at our local carvery...and a very good one too.

Top Bottom