Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a lot of happly married couples around. You just don't hear about us/them ;)

Like Mr and Mrs wafflycat we have been happly married for years. I still love the wife as much now as I did in 1972 when we first met.

Oh! This week end I'm busy working ;) :smile: But I'll still be around supplying the tea :smile:

walker

Out tonight for a few orange juices for work as someone is leaving.

Tomorrow I thought I'd start getting my arse into gear and head to Hillingdon to start off my race season.
Tomorrow night going to watch my mate play roller Hockey.
Sunday a Club run. Sunday night rest and maybe go out with the mrs

ChrisKH

Guru
I'm partly kidding waffly. I don't have to work away often, but when I do I know it's hard for Mrs KH as she has to manage the kids on her own with no support. Inevitably something bad always happens when I do. I acknowledge that she has to work harder than me, no question.

wafflycat said:
Poor Chris! It depends why you've been away all week!

The area of work Mr Wafflycat is in requires a lot of working away from home at times. The way I look at it, work pays the bills, so if he has to work away/evenings/weekends, then so be it. I just make sure that he knows I appreciate the long hours he puts in which allows him/me/us to do the things we want/need to. Being self-employed means that if you don't work, you don't get paid, so you have to be prepared to put in the long hours when required. Mind you, Mr Wafflycat always makes sure I know he's missed me too. We speak on the phone a couple of times a day at least... text each other... a couple of ageing romantics really! I have to say that Mr Wafflycat is rather good at letting me be me and encouraging me in the things I want to do, so he makes it easy to be appreciative of him. Dunno what I'd do without him so to speak.

Sounds familiar...I currently have a zombie in my living room (bless 'im) having come back from a 21hr day as a self employed sound engineer...

simonali

Guru
Working again, same as last week, only night shifts this time!

Gonna be making a beef stroganoff tonight for wifey, who works away from home all week like Mr Waffly. It's her favourite dinner, so I'll make that then get off to work like a good boy.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Looking forward to a lie in after a week of 5am starts, and seeing something of the family.

HOWEVER I will be making a solo trip to the LBS to pick up a brand spanking new Giant SCR2 on Saturday. And might go home via Alsager, and some other places ;)

simonali

Guru
It's our wedding anniversary on Sunday, too.

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat said:
Ta. Like any marriage, Mr W & I have our ups and downs, but after twenty years together, I find I still fancy the pants off the old boy and luckily for me, he feels the same toward me. Which is rather nice.

Sounds like you're gonna be having quite a few this weekend! ;);):smile:

stevenb

Disgruntled Goat said:
Sat: Going down the Smoke to get pissed in Whitechapel with me best mate.

Sun: Going to see my dad who has just been diagnosed with asbestosis.

Life eh?

Sorry to hear that chap....;)

I'm planning on going out again tomorrow if possible. Did a 27.3 mile ride today. Might try for Sunday too....but will rest Monday as thats a busy day for me despite having the day as annual leave.

Top Bottom