Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mending my Bloody Volvo tomorrow (it needs new bonnet hinges, it only runs on three cylinders until it warms up and it keeps melting the fuel pump fuse), then I might list it on ebay and look for a cheap diesel van. Cooking tomorrow night, as Ms RT is at work conserving lapwings tomorrow and it'll be nice to have anb evening together (I'm usually away most of the week too). Sunday I might go out on the bike, but most likely not. Depends on the weather and what Ms RT fancies doing. xx(:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, got out for a quick 32 hilly miles....very windy so stuck to a few back lanes. Got out on the best bike too...

Down side to that, on one climb that skirts the Cheshire side of Lyme Park (Higher Poynton for those that know the area), I was struggling for traction - damp road surface/mud/overhanging trees, fairly steep, had to pedal very smoothly to get up.

Then headed off into the lanes via Alderley Edge, and for a laugh, I decided to go up Swiss Hill - a cobbled climb that's pretty steep.... the bike just had it's own idea of where it was going, technical climb as the surface is bad, plenty of big gaps in the cobbles, moss, wet leaves...loads of fun......

Then turned home for a nice tail wind....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well has anyone been out.... I was well pleased with doing the infamous Swiss Hill - that's a place I'd take a visitor - like in another thread...just wouldn't tell 'em... left 'ere mate.... you should have seen the mess on a club run..... if not up front, then god help you..............

gbb

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Mending my Bloody Volvo tomorrow (it needs new bonnet hinges, it only runs on three cylinders until it warms up and it keeps melting the fuel pump fuse), then I might list it on ebay and look for a cheap diesel van. Cooking tomorrow night, as Ms RT is at work conserving lapwings tomorrow and it'll be nice to have anb evening together (I'm usually away most of the week too). Sunday I might go out on the bike, but most likely not. Depends on the weather and what Ms RT fancies doing. :ohmy::smile:

Pickled or in salt RT :biggrin:
What DO you do to conserve Lapwings RT...its not nesting time is it ???

Noodley

Dayvo said:
I think I'll have another day on the beach! Oh, I've been doing that for the last three weeks! :smile:

OK, I'll have a day-trip to a deserted island instead.
Beach again tomorrow, then. :ohmy:

But are you "really" happy? :biggrin:

U

User482

I got out for a very pleasant couple of hours' blast round the local woods on my MTB. Enjoyed the mild weather & sunshine, and even got back in time to hose off the 5 lb or so of mud that accumulated on me and the bike.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
Well, got out for a quick 32 hilly miles....very windy so stuck to a few back lanes. Got out on the best bike too...

That sounds excellent. I did a longer route home to try out my SCR2, but nothing like 32 miles ;) Legs are heavy today after that and last week's commutes, so a day off (going to work on the train) today, as that fits in with a late meeting I have to go to.

I'd told Pete the basis of a lovely route from Dorchester to West Bay, and could he add a few miles as it was only 40 miles, and we wanted 55-60.
So what does he do? does it in reverse, up all the good descents, and finishes with about 3 really steep hills that had us all grovelling in granny rings. Oh well, I suppose it's good for us.

I promised some mates I'd take them out for a gentle 30 miler to a nice caf and back on Sunday. I slightly miscalculated and it turned out to be 40 miles. Oops. Still, they were all smiling at the end (from relief, probably). This was after another grind on Saturday on the world's heaviest bike (my tourer)...

Top Bottom